Chapter 41

Masha

I hate myself right now.

I'm so weak.

And completely useless.

"Stop thinking like that, Masha. Nothing's gonna change if you keep being so pessimistic." Mikee, suddenly said nonchalantly as he sit beside me.

"But what do you think I need to do? To laugh and have some fun. Or jump from joy.." I yelled angrily, while I hastily stand up and starts pacing. "Lo and the others are there outside and probably fighting with their all might for what,... to protect me! That's so unfair! I also want to fight with them, to protect Lo and the pack....its so frustrating!

"Yeah, I understand your point..." Mikee grumbles, and shrugged his shoulders. "But we can't do anything about it, that's what they decided to do. And for me, I'm sorry to say this but Louis has a valid reason in leaving you here..."

I huff, and sat back down. "So? I might be pregnant but I can still fight."

"You know that its not the only reason.."

"But--" My voice were drown when someone yelled.

"Just shut up, boy!" Shanna angrily march in, with Lee in tow. "Stop whining and let them be. Louis is doing everything he can to keep you safe, and before you whine like some immature brat you should be thankful that your mate is threating you preciously."

That shut me up. I know that everything she said is true but I can't help but to feel useless, every time I thought of Louis.

I just love him too much, and I can't imagine him getting hurt for my sake.

"Don't worry Masha, your father is also there, right. And I'm sure he will do his best to help your mate and keep him safe."

I look at Lee, and smile tightly.. "I hope so..I really hope so.."

---------

Louis

I can feel it in the air. And I'm sure, my pack warriors might have felt it too.

A lot of werewolves are surrounding us, waiting and ready to strike. The Elders already told me that the other packs do not accept my mate, and maybe that's why they're here.

Masha is innocent with all of this. He doesn't deserve to be cast away and rejected. He might be a boy, and a human but he is still entitled to be with me. And be happy.

Why can't they accept that simple fact and leave us alone? They're so unfair..

Like them, I also wanted to be happy. And the one who can only give me that is Masha. He is given to me by the Goddess so why they can't understand that?

I know he's human, so what? Is that enough reason to change my fate? I love him and he loves me, and even though he's a boy and still young for me, I still won't change the fact that he is my mate.

Every werewolf has their own mate. And Masha is mine. Human society already viewed our relationship as disgusting, and now even the werewolf society can not accept us. Then where can we go now?

Is there a place where we can truly be happy? A place where we belong to? Somewhere, Masha and I can live with peace..

I'm busy with my thoughts when all of a sudden someone forcefully shove me on the side. My eyes grew wide when I saw group of werewolves running toward us.

"Be on your guard young Alpha. And stop thinking unnecessary things." Keanu exclaimed with a blank face, while he expertly evade a brown werewolf when it jump on his way.