Chapter 47

Masha

I can not believe what I'm seeing.

Sometimes there are things that we can not imagine happening to us. It is hard to accept. And sometimes we deny ourselves the truth and wishes that everything were only a dream.

But when I felt a small pinch of pain in my abdomen, and I'm still seeing what I am seeing. Then there's only one truth. I gasp. I choked. And it seems I forget how to breath.

"I think we need some explanation right, Keanu? Mikee?"

I flinched when I heard my mate's low rumble behind me.

"There's nothing to discuss Alpha Louis. You can see for yourself. Mikee is my mate."

There are collective gasp around us. Everyone are shocked, myself included. I can not believe it. And I knew I'm not the only one thinking that.

"That's utter bullshit!"

"Impossible!"

"Keanu, have you gone mad! I know you wish to have a mate but claiming that a mere human is yours were impossible!"

"That's right!"

I saw him flinched. And I feel his pain. Even though I still can't see him as my blood father I know that I have to say something in his defence. And Mikee is a friend. He maybe a human but I think he will be good for Keanu.

Actually, now that I think about it there were signs before I just have a hard time noticing it because there's a lot of going on. But now seeing them... I feel something. It's very tangible but it's there. Their bonding.

"They're mates." I'm not sure who but someone spoke. It's mildly a whisper but we heard it loudly.

It's hilarious to see when all the Elders face grew somber, their lips flapping like a fish. They were all shocked beyond belief. Well, I think there is someone who is not. He only drew a breath and released a loud sigh.

"I think it is only right that we acknowledge them. It will only do us harm if we don't believe that they were chosen as mates. It seems changes were happening. The Goddess probably have her own reasons for letting werewolves mate with humans. She is sending us message. And it's our duty as The Council to spread her will for she has had spoken."

The room become quiet. And I think we all forget to breath. Tension run high. And I grew more uncomfortable as time passes.

But then almost a bomb exploded. Questions.. A lot of questions. They were yelling. Some are growling. Others were panicking. And when my gaze landed at Mikee, I become anxious. He is being pulled by Lee. Then there is Keanu, growling angrily--

"Enough!" I almost jumped on my feet when Louis yell. Then he gently move me so he can enter the room. I feel his wolf. It's angry, frustrated and disappointed.

Everyone become silent. Louis pack members lower their gazes showing their respect, feeling berated. Lee stop pulling Mikee, and it's almost comical when that exact moment Keanu lunge at Mikee stealing him from Lee's hand and putting his self in front of Mikee while he glower at Lee.

"Keanu? Really?!" Liam his brother said his face full of exasperation.

"Liam you know that he is mine! Yo--"

"I said quiet!"

"Lo.." Louis look at me. His eyes turning softly, then smile at me gently. I feel relieved. I knew. I just knew things might be really changing as Elder Roko said but probably its for the better.

______________

He look beyond the horizon an unlit cigarette hanging in his lips. Stretching his eyes to survey the place.

It's been a long time since he last see the place but he can still remember everything as if it's only yesterday.

"Why you didn't tell me?"

Removing the cigarette, I let out a sigh. "It's for the best Lena."

"Probably, but did you consider what would I feel when I..." He abruptly turn facing the woman he thought he would never see for the rest of his life. He felt his heart throb when he saw her so heartbroken..

"God! I thought you died Lucas! For so many years me and my wolf mourn for you. It almost killed me!!" I felt her anguished. And I heard something broke inside of me. Tears start to fall down my cheeks. And she also starts crying. "I feel that every day.. That I am dead. That my heart died when I heard you were killed... But suddenly for how many years, here you are, still alive."

"Lena.. I---"

"Did you think I will just throw myself at your arms and weep from joy that you are here?! That you help us! That you came back!!" I feel it. My wolf. It's presence a small flicker within me. For years that I didn't feel it I can't help but sigh with joy as I welcome its presence. I feel happy I thought my wolf disappeared since that day. But when Lena open her lovely lips again that small presence within me vanished completely. Like a small flicker of flame being snuffed by a torrent of wind. Everything just turn dark. I feel my heart cracking as my world starts to crumble.. "Leave! Don't ever come back!!! We don't need you!!! I don't need you...."

When she turn her back at me I know that it's already too late. The bond between us snapped. And then was cut.

My hands shaking, my body tremble. I feel the ground around me quake, while a violent wind spun around me. Becoming more violent as my emotions turn into chaos. Then it all stop. I feel cold. Empty. Detached.

"Dad.."

With a soft sigh I turn my head and look at the young man who suddenly appear behind me..

"Dad, give Mom more time. I know she's only angry right now but you give her a cou---"

"It's alright Louis. I knew from the start that when I decided to leave there's no turning back..."

Louis, my son.. I felt my lips turn to smile when I look at him closely. He looked battered. There are small cuts and bruises all over his face and arms. But he is standing there tall and confident. A true man. For many years, he become a person I always knew he would be. And I am so proud of him..

"What do you mean Father..."

I smile when I saw the younger man beside my son. My other son. He is not the same small and weak boy before. I can see the changes. He is strong now. More mature. More stable. More capable.

I never thought even in my wildest dream, that I will see them both like this. One my own blood and flesh. The other I saved and treated as my own. To see both of my son become one as the Goddess willed as mates I can not feel more happier.

"Everything happened for a reason. And I have done a lot of things for a purpose. My life may have been good if I didn't do what the Goddess willed me to do, but this future may not have happened. But for the future of this pack, I did everything I could. I may have hurt the only person chosen for me but time will tell when she can forgive me. And I can not promise that I will still be here at that time." They were confused. I knew they both are. But I can not tell them the truth. It's still not time. Everything were just starting.

It's only the beginning...

__________________