CHAPTER 48

He took a long drag of his cigarette, inhaling the acrid smoke that reminded him of ghost of fire and blood. Of screams and violence. It was once revolting, but nowadays the smell gave him comfort.

Looking up at the stars. He wished his life had been different. But when he felt the weight in his chest, the slither of power in his veins and the phantom of smile behind the darkness, he knew he could never change anything. He would never forget what happened. He will never regret meeting him..

A door squealed behind him, startling him from his thoughts. Pulling his knees close to his chest, Andrei take a long breath to compose his self.

"Why are you here?"

Dragging his eyes to the person who stop in front of him he arch a well defined brow and scoff, "And what's it to you?"

The sudden pain in his cheeks felt so familiar Andrei didn't even flinched. "I'm the one asking here fag! It's not the other way around." Then his scalp tingle when his hair was yank without hesitation. "You better remember your place!"

Andrei just looked at the woman with an expressionless eyes. The sudden silence defeaning. The atmosphere grew intense and his lip twitch when he saw her hands started shaking. Her eyes began to water, mouth moving without making a sound, seemingly remembering who he had become.

He drag his eyes and look at her. He let his lips stretched. His smile felt savage in his face, and he can feel his eyes began to glow. His assailant suddenly drop him and he let his body stretched falling on the ball of his feet with ease.

"But I think, you know where is my rightful place, Eva." Sauntering over the trembling woman. He let his eyes narrow at her and with a snap of his fingers trendils of fire crawl at Eva's feet.

She scream. He laughed. She begs. He mocked. And when he saw her attempting to crawl her way out of the door, he pointed a finger and the flames become more hotter making her stop moving while she scream on top of her lungs. He doesn't remember when she stopped screaming or when the fire died down. But when he finally take a look, she's already dead, leaving the smell of burnt meat, charred bones and piles of ashes.

"Uh, huh. You know you could have done something without killing her, right?"

Andrei lazily look at the open door, watching the young man standing there. His eyes watered when he had a good look at him. "Klyde, what the hell have I done wrong to you? Did you hate me that much?"

Klyde just look at him with a dead panned expression. "Really?"

Someone laugh behind Klyde, "I told you so.."

Another one followed with a giggle. And the sound surprisingly came from a teen age boy who is already sitting at the upper ledge of the roof, near the door frame, his purple hair sticking up in different places. "Yeah man, you're such an eye sore..."

Klyde pouted stomping his foot on the hard floor. "But it's such a nice shirt! And Sean for your information it cost me $500! There is no way it's not good!"

"And that's sound so reasonable. You're such an idiot! You always buy crap clothes without even thinking if the color would suit you. Did you even know how to use a mirror?"

Andrei rub his temple, he can already feel a headache coming. Damn, he does not have a time for this.

"Guys. If you're al-" he didn't even finished what he wanted to say when Klyde shouted. "Why Sean? Do you think you're cool because you're wearing black. And pfft.. What's with your t-shirt. It's so plain! You're just jealous because my shirt is so epic. Look at this it has so much color. Like a--

"Quiet!!!!!!"

Everyone grimaced from the sudden raise of the temperature and Klyde whimper when his shirt suddenly burst to flames and turn into ashes within a second. "Shut the fuck up," Andrei heave. "If I am talking I want you all to listen. Did everyone forgot your oath to me. Huh Klyde, Sean, Rayne. Did you?"

Their silence speaks louder than their words. "Okay. I think you already know what I wanted to learn. So please anyone can give me an update?"

Sean's voice might be softer than before but it echoes with respect. He knew he stepped out of the line and he wanted to asked forgiveness by answering first. "The data we had gathered is accurate, Andrei. There is a big gathering going to happen. Alpha's from big packs allover South America was seen traveling with big entourage last week. My sources said they were all warriors."

"Are they going to kill each other? That's our job right?"

Andrei ignored Klyde's remark and drag his eyes upward and look at the teenage boy sitting in the ledge. "Rayne, do you have something?"

Rayne tip his head sideways, "Rumors indicate that a big shot Alpha from L.A is going to mate with a human. It began an uproar all over the werewolf community. A war break out. But my source said that the human in question is not entirely human. It seems the war halted because of this information. But the werewolves need to confirm the truth. That's why the Alpha in question decided to hold a ceremony akin to a marriage and he invited every Alpha in America to attend." Rayne frown and look at Andrei in question. "I think he's a lot like you boss."

That's surprising. Andrei brows crawl all over his hairline. A sudden thought pop on his head. He don't know what to think. Someone is out there like him. "The human? He has strange....abilities."

"Yes, and from what I heard he's pretty strong."

Andrei stiffly turn around. Dragging his hand on his face, shaken. Looking at the horizon he watched as the first rays of light from the sun broke the darkness. Slither of light peeking from the edges, slowly changing the color of the sky. A minute passed by and another when Andrei turn to look back at Sean, Klyde and Rayne the sun had already risen. Andrei has a stubborn look in his face. His hand clenched. Determination in his eyes. "We will go for a hunt."

"And what about the human?" Klyde suddenly asked.

"Leave him to me..."

___________________