Chapter 24

Toni

Its very awkward. And I never thought that I will be put in this kind of situation. I mean, with the work that I have I can easily get away and freed myself. They can't force me to actually listen to them and do as they say. I'm a free man after all.

But I don't know why, but seeing this big buff guy's sleeping face as he cling at me with his dear life stir some unknown emotion within me. And I can't help but to stay. To be with him, comfort him and make him smile again.

My heart throb, when I saw a lone tear fall from his eye. Slowly I lean near his face, to wipe his tear but he suddenly move on his sleep.

"Rey, don't leave me.." He suddenly murmur, completely stopping my hand.

I pull away, and gently detach myself away from him and stood up. Sighing I look at him sadly. And with a heavy heart I turn on my heels and step out of the room without looking back.

--

Tears are flowing on my cheeks, when I arrived at my car. No one seems to notice me leaving. Or rather they didn't think that I will really leave.

I know Josh situation and what really happened to his mate. And what I am to him. But I can't do it. I can't sacrifice my life to be with him knowing that I'm only a replacement to his dead mate.

I'm not like Masha. I'm not strong enough and more importantly I don't want to be someone's rebound again. Or second chance mate, or whatever they wanted to call me.

Because for me, its only the same as to humans. I will never be in his heart because there is no way that he can forget his past mate.

That already happened to me before, and I'm not planning in experiencing it again. It will be best for us if I forget him, rather than to stay and fall for him just to be hurt all over again.

I wipe my tears hastily, and sighed while I switch on the car and started driving.

I guess this is goodbye..

--

Josh

My eyes suddenly opened when I heard the door creak. Groggily, I sit on my bed. My mind is in haze while I take a good look around my room.

Surprisingly the whole place is in total order, even though I never cleaned because I can't seem to focus while my wolf and I mourned for Rey.

But suddenly I grew anxious when I sniff a very aromatic and almost familiar scent. My eyes grew wide when I remember what happened yesterday.

I broke down..

Then I met a man...

With angelic features...

And he is my second mate.. Another chance for me, given by the Goddess for some unknown reason.

But he's not here anymore....

My body trembles, while my hands begin to shake as I rub the warm spot beside me....

What is his name again??

I slowly roll over, and with a loud thudd I fall out of the bed.. I crawl over the door and haul myself through gritted teeth while I slowly lean on the wall as beads of sweat started to form on my temple and begins to fall down my chin.

He's going to leave.. Another mate of mine, is going to left me all alone.. And fuck! I still didn't even know his name..

My body is heavy while I slowly hobble towards the door. Then, I heard the main door opened while a soft footsteps came out then someone closed it again.