Chapter 40

Keanu breathed and look at them, while he slowly sat down on the carpet in front of the others, and spoke. "I met your mother when I'm still 15. She is a beautiful Russian girl with an English name, Maria. Soft spoken and gentle. Although, she's weak and fragile it didn't stop her from exploring the forest, until one fateful day she met me."

Everyone, is listening closely. While Keanu look up on the ceiling as if he is watching everything happened, while it came into his mind like it just happened yesterday.

Maybe that's why he didn't see, Mikee look at him with longing, as the young blonde boy scooted near them. But his actions, didn't leave the watchful eyes of Kiron as the man study the boy's face more closely.

Kiron is aware that the boy might be Keanu's mate, but he also knows that Keanu still doesn't have an idea about that fact. Because as long as he knew, the man is different than them. Even so, he knows within himself that Keanu needs his mate. The man doesn't have any choice with that matter. Because if they didn't mate immediately, Keanu might die..

But his thoughts were drown when Keanu spoke again, continuing his tale. And like him, the crowd grew silent again. As they stopped from their mindless chatter and listen on every words that came out from him.

"I am bloodied and nearly beaten to death when she found me. Our pack as always has been were on the run. And during that time, a pack of rogues suddenly attack our Pack. We are slowly crossing the boundary of the border of Siberia when they suddenly came out of the blue completely catching us off guard. I'm still a boy on that time, and my father just died. Giving me the title of the new Alpha, so I don't have a choice but to use my abilities."

Keanu's eyes glistened while a lone tear suddenly fall on his eye. His pack members and even the Liam lower their head and let out a painful whimper.

"But I don't know that the price that I have to pay to use my abilities would be the wolf within me..."

His voice starts to quaver before he sucked his breath and grit his teeth to fight the tears from falling on his cheeks. "That to become as powerful as I am now, I need to give up the werewolf side of me. I still have a werewolf, I mean I can still feel it but I can't shift anymore. And I'm aware that it won't be long before my werewolf completely die while I wither with him."

Masha looked at the man who state himself as his father, with pity. And for once he felt the longing of a son for his father, while he slowly stood up and waddle towards the man. To give him a warm and gentle hug.

Louis just watch as his mate, hug Keanu while a small smile forming on his lips. Then he turn his head towards Liam. "Is that the reason you came here? Because he is dying?"

Liam's eyes glisten, and the other members of Louis pack look at the group huddled in a corner- the members of Crescent Moon Pack, with sympathy.

"Yes.., my brother might be stupid sometimes but he's still my brother and once our Alpha so I don't want to see him die."

"That might be the case, but I don't know how can I help you." Louis state regretfully.

Liam sucked his breath, then exhale deeply. His body trembles while a sob escape from him. But a warm hand pat his back and turning his head around, he saw Keanu smiling softly at him. "How can you still smile like that? Can't you see, they still doesn't have the cure! You're still going to die!"

"That might be true, brother. But at least I found out that I have a son. Don't you think, it almost like fate brought us here. To let us know that I have a child..."

"You dont have to fret about that.. you young man is still going to live." An eerie voice suddenly chirp, quite cheerfully. And before Keanu can even open his mouth to speak, the old man from before spoke again, with his eerie calm voice. "And please, dont scream anymore. Its very, very rude of you to do so. And we are quite offended actually. We might be scary looking, but we're nice folks, you know.."