My sister in-law

Andrea meets up with a friend from University and introduces Maya as his sister in law. Also clearly I am still in denial about Andrew's death.

                                          ---------
"Hi, I'm hear to see Dr. DeLuca. Andrew DeLuca" the gentleman says.

"Alright. I'll page him" the Nurse says

Andrews walks to the Nurses station a few minutes later and sees Matt "Matt! Man it's been so long" he hugs his friend. He looks at the Nurse "hey Nat, thank you. This is my friend from University. I probably wouldn't have made it through Uni if it wasn't for him. Matt, the is Natalie. She's one of the best nurses" he smiles at her. Andrew has always been kind to everyone he works with and goes out of his way to help where he can.

"Let me just check if Carina is available then we can get some lunch" Andrew tells Matt

"Oh Dr. DeLuca is in surgery, Captain Bishop just brought in a patient from a car crash" Nat tells Andrew.

"Thank you, Nat" he says to to the nurse

He turns to Matt "you have to meet my sister in-law, she's like this badass Fire Captain, she won a gold medal in the Olympics" he stops talking when he sees Maya

"Maya" he calls her over

Maya walks over to him seeing him stand with a guy she has never seen before while Nat just looks amused "hey Andrea" she says throwing an arm around his waist. She knows he hates it when she calls him on his given name but he just laughs "whose this"

"Oh yeah, this is Matt. He's a friend from University. Matt, this is my sister in-law, Maya" he says without thinking

Maya coughs and looks at him then at Matt and shakes his hand. Out of the corner of her eye she sees Nat chuckle as she pretends to be filling in paperwork.

"Do you want to join us for lunch" Andrew asks

"Sorry bud, I can't. I have to get back to the Station. You can bring him to the Station and show him around then he can hear all the stories about your PRT shifts from the team" Maya jokes

"I'm not bringing him there. They'll embarrass me and tell him the worst stories" Andrew says laughing

"I'll get him to bring me. I need to hear these stories" Matt laughs

"Okay, I gotta go. Have fun guys and it was lovely to meet you Matt" she hugs Andrew

"Be safe, Mai" he says kissing her cheek.

                                     -------------

Their relationship was strained after she hurt Carina. He couldn't understand how his sister could get back together with Maya. He couldn't believe that someone could hurt his beautiful, kind sister. She was everything to him and even though he was the youngest, he was protective of her. They only had each other now. Their dad was still alive but he was in denial about his illness, he was always putting unnecessary pressure on both of them to keep working and focus on their careers. He never hid his disappointment or his anger when Carina told him that Andrew was manic. He blamed Carina for it all. Then he called her a disappointment for choosing to become an OB because why would you need to help women have children and they've been doing it since the beginning of time. He was more interested in her advancement with her research and wanted her to focus on that but she loved being an OB.

Everything changed when Andrew had another manic episode shortly after Carina and Maya got back together. He lost it with Maya and Carina. He has been working alot without taking any real time to sleep properly or even eat. He was almost living at the hospital and Carina asked him to come have dinner with her and Maya. She was hoping that he would see that Maya was working on becoming better and she wasn't a bad person, she made a mistake. That's when everything spilled out he lost his temper and shouted at Carina. Maya walked in just as he was shouting at Carina and instead of aggressively intervene to defend Carina, they both waited until he calmed down and he finally fell asleep on Carina's couch.