My Italian - Part 2

Walking into the hospital, Maya looks around for Andrew. She is so excited for today. She has become closer to Andrew and his relationship with Carina has improved so much. She couldn't be prouder of them. Sometimes she watches them and listens to them banter or tell stories about their childhood and she can't help but miss her brother. She wishes that she knew where he was, if he was safe, eating enough. She has spent her morning runs just hoping to catch a glimpse of him, but nothing. When they found out Carina was pregnant, they were overjoyed, she was going to have her mini Carina. They got into bed that night and Maya had a hand on Carina's belly and she cried while Carina held her.

--------------------------------
Flashback to that night...

"What's wrong bella"

"We both had it tough when we were kids. I didn't want kids because I thought I'd be like Lane. You taught me how to live, how to breathe, how to love and now we're having a baby. Nothing is more important to me than my family. I swear to you Carina, I'll never be the parent Lane was to me and Mason. I just... I just wish I could share this with Mason you know. I don't know where he is or if he's okay. We have Andrea, I didn't think that we'd ever get to where we are and I can't imagine my children not knowing him but I also want them to know Mason"

"Maya, we will find Mason. Children?" Carina says raising her eyebrow at Maya

"Carina, we are not having one child. I am already thinking of how to get you pregnant after my prince makes his debut"

Carina laughs "and to think you thought you were going to be the tough parent. We will find Mason bambina and when we do, we will do what you can to help him"

They get comfortable in bed, Maya bends her head to Carina's belly "I love you so much, bubs" Maya says kissing Carina's belly and then kisses Carina "and I love you so much Dr. DeLuca-Bishop"

End of flashback
----------------------------
"Let's go mommy" Andrew whispers behind her

She turns around snapping out of her thoughts and laughs "keep your voice down. People can hear you" she looks around to see if any of their friends are around.

"You're so paranoid. We're doing this now because everyone that matters is at lunch but then you can never be too careful. Firehouse rules applies here as well. This has been the hardest secret I've had to keep" he tells Maya as they walk to the maternity ward

"It's not been easy. I had to stop the team from creating a banner for the engine. I was worried Pru would spill the beans but she's been a champ although Ben says whenever he takes her to the store and she gets a new toy, she wants one for the bambino as well. He already has like 6 soft toys and so many drawings" she smiles thinking about Pru.

Andrew laughs opening Carina's office "what's so funny" Carina asks getting up from her chair "hi bambina" she kisses Maya.

"Maya was telling me about how my princess already has a collection of soft toys thanks to Pru"

"Have you eaten yet" Maya asks "I had a snack earlier, but we'll have lunch after our appointment. Okay, so no arguing about the gender. Jo has agreed not to put any information about gender in my file and she will not tell anyone from 19 or here. You will not bribe her either" Carina says with a stern look at both of them.

"I already know what we're having" Andrew and Maya say in unison.

Maya looks at him and raises her eyebrow "boy"

"Girl" Andrew says rolling his eyes

"Maya, it is a fact, that DeLuca's always have girls before they have boys. Carina is the eldest, papa and mama has older sisters and our nonna was the eldest, even nonno had an older sister"