14.

Bahrain, 26th March 2021

It was finally the first race of the season, the opening one, the one where fans would wait excitedly through the off season. Chloe wasn't unhappy, she was quite sad the Australia one wasn't happening due to changes in the track but it didn't matter when she saw how excited her cousin was, it was another new beggining for him.

Chloe may not be the most Formula 1 addict or expert but she followed her cousin closely, he was the older brother she never had and they both appreciated it. It was quite thrilling for her to see the cars on track, she might not understand all the technical terms but she always enjoyed seeing the action on track, it was something unique, she could understand why people were so in love with it.

The entire McLaren team had been up on her and Lando's ass, the two youngest in the team kept their secret pretty well hidden but now they were paying the price for it. Everyone wanted details, some had linked Chloe as the mystery girl - and they weren't wrong - but the closest to them still wanted to hear the full gossip and they didn't want to give it away.

While sneaking around wasn't neccesarily needed anymore they had started doing it even more, they were in an agreement that it should not be the biggest focus for the weekend, so they were very firm with only telling everyone else after the race on sunday.

But of course, that didn't cut with Daniel Ricciardo or Michael Italiano or Max Verstappen, for that matter.

- You better spill it Chloe - Max said after the three older guys stormed inside her room

- Hi Chloe, good night, how are you? - She answered sarcastically and all three rolled their eyes at her

- Explain about Lando and you, why didn't you tell me? - Daniel asked

- Is this why you were so reluntant to come? - Michael asked since it was something he was thinking since the clip of the stream it was the subject of the group.

- Maybe... - Chloe answered seeing their faces at her and scoffed seating straight - Just ask away already

- You're his mystery girl and you guys were definitely not just friends right now, so tell it away, details. - Daniel said laying back in the chair

- We met at new years, hung out a few times and then went home, never saw each other again. After that first day at McLaren we met again and we exchanged numbers and after the barbecue at Zak's we spent some time together but then it kinda was just usual for us to do so, I had no friends in there and he was fine with hanging out with me... it just worked.

- I still don't like it - Max scoffed with Daniel agreeing and Michael laughing at the two

- Is not like they're together. - He pointed out and she agreed with him

- We're friends and that's it.

- I'll believe in you - Daniel said and she smiled at him - Are you going with me tomorrow?