Mystery POV

I decided to do a mystery POV after all. I thought it might be fun to write from the point of view of an evil mind. @gildedtales & @Rosieroocrazyness Thanks for the suggestion!

I know it’s shorter than the chapters I normally post, but I didn’t want to give too much away.

Nathaniel fans, wait a sec before you start cursing. I’ll be doing a Nate POV after chapter 8, because Nate and Haley’s evening continues in chapter 8. I wanted to finish it in her POV and still keep you all happy, that’s why I’ll post it after 8.

I'll stop talking now and let you get to it.. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mystery POV

I growled loudly at my supposed friend. “What do you mean you couldn’t get in their territory?” I slammed both my hands on the desk in front of me.

I was currently sitting in the pack’s office behind an old wooden desk that looked like it belonged in the Renaissance. Even though the shape of the desk was quite slim, it still took a lot of space, considering how big that thing was. Perfect to shatter papers all over it if you plan on taking over another pack, even more perfect to bang a girl on it, but not so perfect if you wanted to grab the throat of someone on the other side of the desk.

I had to remind myself to buy a smaller desk when I take over their pack. Not that it mattered how it looked; as long as it was me behind that thing I didn’t really care.

I was almost forgetting what I was worked up about when his voice brought me back to the presence.

“I tried, I really did, but they have their guards up after the.. you know…” he trailed off looking apologetic at me.

Another animalistic growl left my mouth at the reminder of me failure to take over Marshalls pack. It made him flinch a little; a response that comes naturally when a powerful wolf is growling at you.

It was just too easy to get rid of their first Alpha, Allan. I kept an eye on them for a while and made sure I knew their every move. It was easy to do so without getting noticed, because Marshalls didn’t suspect any threats other than the rouges that pass from time to time. That meant that he didn’t always have his guard up. Foolish, foolish man..

After gathering the information I needed I made sure to divide his pack by making them think the treat came from different places. He made the stupid mistake of coming my way without enough men, which was perfect for me, because I had enough men with me to take him out. It did take a lot of strength to do so, but when we sedated him everything became too easy. It was a beautiful sight to see, an Alpha falling from his throne.

Too beautiful to be true. I still can’t believe I didn’t get his pack. Seeing him almost die in front of me made me so sure that I would be taking his place over in a matter of hours. Thinking back at how foolish I was to come back to their territory full of pride and happiness only to be let my dreams get crushed by some little girl, who just opened her eyes to the world.

Everything I had worked for all those months, all the wolves I had recruited and convinced to stand by my side, all those plans I made- it was all for nothing. That little b*tch took my place on the throne and I was going to take it back, no matter what. I felt the anger boil up again and my wolf was right on the surface, ready to get out and go after that little b*tch.

I slammed my fist hard on the desk, trying to take some of the anger out.

“I want you to get on their land and I don’t care how you do it. Do I make myself clear?” I asked and hoped for my ‘friend’ here that he answered correctly.