Chapter 25

A longer chapter for keeping you waiting.. This chapter is dedicated to @Aimee_withrow the new character in the story is named after you!

If you haven't noticed, I made a new cover. If you've been on my FB page you'd know that the picture that was used on the previous fan made cover is being used by other authors on here. That made me decide to make one myself. Hope you like it!

Gavin DeGraw – Soldier>>

Xx SimpleH

---------------------------

The anger and hatred I had felt towards the rogues that day was all put to the side as I tried to save the life of the rogue in Brian’s claws. A she-wolf who was initially here to hurt my pack. As far as I knew she was still out to hurt the pack, yet I was still set on saving her. The only reason for that was Jeff. According to him she was his mate and as his Alpha I felt the need to keep her alive.

To my horror, I saw Brian sunk his canines into the girl’s neck in one swift motion. My werewolf eyes were able to follow the whole scene, something a human wouldn’t be able to. If it was any other situation I would’ve been amazed by how quickly he got her in a death grip, but at that moment I just prayed that she wouldn’t die.

The she-wolf whimpered in pain as Brian’s canines sunk deeper into her skin to get a better grip on her neck. She squeezed her honey colored eyes shut and kept her jaws firm on each other to keep herself from screaming. That only made Jeff thrash even wilder underneath Warren and Andrew. The look of agony on Jeff’s face was heartbreaking. He looked so helpless and lost.

He didn’t know her, but the bond they shared made him want to protect her, whatever the cost was. I didn’t have a doubt in my mind that he would trade his life in a heartbeat to save hers, even if he didn’t know her yet. That was how strong a mate bond was.

‘Stop! Everybody stop right now!’  I ordered with a loud voice through all of their minds before it was too late. I turned my head to Nathaniel and yelled frantically through his mind, ‘She’s his mate!’

The panicked look that crossed Nathaniel’s face told me that he was just as worried about the girl as I was. I was relieved to know that we were on the same page. It meant that I could count on him to help me stop Brian.

Jeff was too focused on his mate and saw red because he was about to lose her, which made the Alpha order less effective. And Brian had his canines in too deep, that left him battling with his inner wolf. He wanted and felt the need to follow my order, but at the same time his dominant werewolf side wanted to end the job he initially planned to do. Nathaniel’s help was more than welcome at that point.

The risk of being a werewolf was when our animalistic side was in control, it was hard to get the control back. That was Brian’s problem at the moment, he had to get full control back over his wolf.

I locked eyes with Nathaniel and we both knew exactly what we had to do without discussing it any further. Even if we wanted to discuss it, there wasn’t enough time. It would’ve been a lot easier to control the situation if Nathaniel and I were next to each other to channel our powers, but that wasn’t possible this time. We had to divide to take control over the situation.

Nathaniel and I leaped at the same time forward. He went after Jeff while I took care of Brian.

When I reached Brian he still seemed frozen in his spot so I grabbed him from the back of his neck using my teeth. The feeling of my teeth on his neck made him snap out of his trance and pull his canines out of the she-wolf. That gave me the opportunity get him off the girl. I threw him to the side, creating enough distance between them.