Chapter 20

Thank you all for your support<3! A longer chapter to make up for the late update.

----------

His voice sounded full of authority yet very respectful on the phone. He was treating me like he would treat any other Alpha, which made me respect Max Cooper before I even met him. Unfortunately, the respect towards him wasn’t enough to take away the nerves I felt.

I was standing on the balcony that was attached to my bedroom. The sun was shining bright in the sky, giving the grass and flowers in the garden a beautiful glow. My mother had worked hard to maintain this beautiful garden. She spend all her free time accompanying our gardener and helping him with the work to create the perfect garden. I was thankful that Annabeth had looked after it when my mother left.

I watched the beautiful sight in front of me and sighed. Everything reminded me of my parents and childhood memories. It pained me to think I was never going to be able to see my father again, never talk to him or hug him. And my mother, who was acting like a stranger towards me.

Was it even going to change anything if I made Joshua pay for what he did? It wasn’t going to get me my father back, or my mother for that matter. I was getting tired of all the revengeful thoughts. All I wanted was to move past this chapter of my life and start a new one.

But I knew I couldn’t get around it. I had to make him pay for what he did. He couldn’t just walk away like that after killing my father, going after my pack and hurting Nathaniel. I also had to send out a message to anyone who even thought about hurting my pack. If I didn’t then we would face a whole lot of other Joshua’s trying to take over the pack.

Two strong arms wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me against a hard chest. The second his skin made contact with mine I felt shocks of pleasure run through my body, making me instantly recognize who it was. I leaned back against his firm chest and sighed contently. He was all that mattered.

“You okay?” Nathaniel asked softly against my ear. His breath blew against my ear as he spoke. I shivered in delight.

“Now I am,” I whispered. He tightened his hold on me. Bringing me impossibly close to him. I took a deep breath and felt myself drown in his alluring scent.

“Good,” he kissed my temple. “Everything will be over soon.”

“You know he’s going to ask us what our plans with both packs are, right?” I asked referring to Nathaniel’s father. 

“I know,” he sighed. “Now that it’s out in the open about us we have little time left to discuss what we’ll do with both pack. But they deserve to know what our plans for the packs are, though. So we have some decisions to make.”

I turned around in his embrace to face him. He loosened his grip on me so I could turn around easily, but kept his arms still around me. I rested my hands on his chest and started to fiddle with the collar of his white shirt.

“You’re right. Why don’t you tell your pack to meet us at the unmarked territory the day after tomorrow for the pack meeting. That should give us enough time to discuss our plans. What do you say?” I looked up into his eyes to see him thinking over what I had said.

“Sounds good, but we need to make sure that both territories are guarded while we have the meeting.”

“I agree,” I nodded. “We can arrange for people to channel the meeting to the guards by using the mind link. That way they can still attend the meeting in a more err.. spiritual way.”

“That sounds like a prefect plan.” He pressed his lips on my forehead. “I think this is the best short meeting I’ve ever had with another Alpha,” he said, his voice turning a little husky.