Chapter 18

Thank you all for reading this story, commenting and voting! You're all amazing!

The dedication goes to @TheGiantManatee her guess was right, the evil mastermind will be revealed in chapter 19!

For the people who wanted to read the second part of Aimee_withrow’s date, you can go back to the one shot chapter and scroll until you find the word ‘ADDED’. You’ll find the chapter after that.

Frankie J - Looking Back >>

Enjoy! 

----------

A whole week had passed and there was still no sign of Nathaniel. To say I was miserable would’ve been putting it lightly. I felt horrible and walked around cranky all day. The closer I got to Nathaniel, the harder it got to be away from him for too long. Damn mate bond.

When Nathaniel had an argument with Jeff he disappeared for a couple of days too, but this time it was different. He left because he had an argument with me, because I had lied to him. I was angry with myself for letting such a small thing cause a fight with Nathaniel. If only I had been honest with him when he asked me the first time about Jeff than I could’ve avoided the argument.

Our relationship wasn’t the easiest one- we had to sneak around and keep everything a secret. Not once did he complain about it even though he wanted our relationship out in the open. How ironic, the moment I chose to let everyone know about us he had to find out I hid something from him.

I refused to see it as a sign from faith, telling me to keep the secret for a little while longer. I had made my decision to tell my pack about Nathaniel and I was going to stick to it. The only thing I had to do was wait until he came around to tell him first. I just hoped it wouldn’t take him too long to get over his anger.

Aside from Elizabeth, no one knew that Nathaniel and I had an argument. Katelyn had asked me many times why Nathaniel left abruptly and if there was something going on, but I just shrugged her off. I wasn’t in the mood to explain even half of my situation with Nathaniel. Jeff did not mention the fact that Nathaniel was nowhere to be seen, but I felt that he was pleased with his absence though.

I was sitting in the backyard, sipping my coffee when Katelyn and Elizabeth came through the door. I managed to refrained myself from groaning just in time. I really wanted to be alone, which apparently wasn’t happening.

Katelyn came to stand in front of me with her hands on her hips. “I don’t know what’s wrong with you, but we are all tired of seeing your cranky attitude for the past week,” she spoke sternly. Elizabeth elbowed her in the side. Katelyn gave her a deadly glare in return before she turned back to me and added. “Oh yeah, I say that with love and respect.”

“You look like you could use some cheering up,” Elizabeth stated caringly.

‘More like, I could use some Nathaniel,’ I said through her mind so Katelyn couldn’t here. “No, I’m good like this,” I said out loud.

‘I know sweetie, but you can’t keep this act up. They are going to start asking questions,’ Elizabeth warned me through our link. She was right. I wasn’t the overenthusiastic girl I was before, but I wasn’t the cranky head either. It wouldn’t take long before they found out something was wrong with me, if they hadn’t already.