☆ 05 | Seeker ☆

Dear Mumma,

Today was the best day of my life. I was selected as the seeker of the Slytherin team though I got detention with Professor Snape and a loss of 5 points, which means I am left with only 23 points. We had our first flying class a few days ago. Neville got injured, and Madam Hooch took him to the hospital wing. She told us to remain on the ground, but Ron found that Neville has dropped his remember ball and wanted to hide it up on the tree. When Draco and I asked him to return it, he flew upon his broom, tossing the ball in the air, challenging us to get it. Neville is our friend, so Draco and I flew on our broomsticks to get the ball, and I was able to catch it just before it hit the glass window. Professor Snape, who was talking to Prefect Marcus on the ground, saw us and gave us a week of detention, and took 5 points from each of us. Marcus has also seen the catch and requested the professor to let me be on the team as then we will have more chance of winning, and that's how I ended up being the seeker of the team. Professor Snape made us scrub cauldrons during our detention. It was pretty easy, but I lagged behind in my school work with all the practice and detention, which I had to hunker down and complete today. Thankfully it's all done now, and I don't need to worry about it. I really love flying. It's so relaxing, but I can't afford to lose any more points. I need to make things right with professor Snape and get that Christmas gift so that I have at least one gift for Christmas, and that way, no one of my housemates will think of me as a freak for not receiving any gifts. Our first game will be in a month, and I hope we win. I want to make you proud, and maybe professor Snape would like me if I work hard on my grades, earn house points and win a quidditch game.

Lots of love, Harry

*****

Severus thought of how much effort the boy put in to get good grades and even more to receive the Christmas present, yet like an utter idiot he was, he had taken 10 points on the very last day of classes and denied his child a Christmas present as well. He hadn't gotten Harry anything for Christmas even after he had known harry was his son before that. They have discovered the truth after the Quirrell incident and had much time to get a present. Severus has denied it on the boy's face saying he didn't want to be a father to Harry. He had been just like his father, abusing Harry at all the opportunities he got. He knew it was too late to make up for things he messed with, but he wished with all his might that the boy hadn't taken any of it to heart.