☆ 09 | Summer With Snape ☆

Dear Mumma

We have celebrated the new year at the castle. We had a Ball for all the students at Hogwarts on Valentine's Day. I had asked Hermione to go with me. Astoria has gone with Draco and Pansy with Theo. We enjoyed ourselves a lot. Lights illuminated The whole school, and everything looked so beautiful.

We have had our exams after New year till two days ago. I think I did well, but I am not so sure. Maybe Aunt Petunia was right that I am dumb and didn't perform the exams as well as I think I did. We will have to wait for the results to see for ourselves, but I hope I did not mess them up because Professor Snape will be angry at me more than he already is.

On the day after the ball, Professor Dumbledore called me to his office to inform me about my summer arrangements. He told me that I will be staying with Professor Snape from now on. By the blank look on the Professor's face, no one could tell what he was thinking, but I knew better. He didn't want me to spend the summer with him. Who would want a good-for-nothing freak like me? I know he agreed because of the headmaster.

Professor Dumbledore also told me to call him grandpa because he was Professor Snape's father.

I was delighted, I had a grandpa, but the thought of living with professor Snape was terrifying. I have no idea what to do. I talked to Draco about my problem when he wouldn't leave me alone until I told him what made me upset.

He and Theo told me that Professor Snape was a good man and will always provide me with the best no matter what. After all, he loved Draco so much, even if he was his godson. Why wouldn't he love his son? Draco tried to reason with me. What he didn't know was Professor wanted him as his godson but not me as his son.

I had told them about the Professor being my father after I returned from grandpa's office.

Draco advised me to call the house-elf if I was ashamed of telling my dad (scratched out) the Professor.

We left the castle the following Monday through the floo. Professor Snape has sneered at me when I fell on the floor while exiting the fireplace. I know he would be disgusted with me. I am such a baby I can't even travel via the floo.

Professor took me to my room. Yup! I have my room. Can you believe that I have my own room? I don't have to sleep in a cupboard anymore. It was the best room I have ever seen, even better than Dudley. It was decorated in various shades of cream and White. It has a window with a bed just below it. A study table was attached to it with a lamp, a pinboard, and various bookshelves above it. Beside the desk was a closet. The room has an attached bathroom. It was just perfect.

Professor Snape told me to arrange my room and then walked out. I put my clothes in the closet. Thanks to Draco, I had appropriate garments. He had warned me that Professor Snape wouldn't like Dudley's hand-me-downs I wore. So I had ordered some clothes from Madam Malkin's.

I set my books on the bookshelves. I had various books apart from my school books because Hermione had insisted on buying some when we went to Diagon Ally over the weekend.

I had bought about ten books then. Some on potions while others on quidditch and DADA.

I put some pictures from the photo album Hagrid had given me before we came here on the pinboard and set my parchments and quills in the drawers of the study table. After arranging the pillows and setting my diary with an alarm clock, I had from when I bought it with my school supplies and my assignment folders, which Hermione had given us, one for each subject to organize our assignments properly. She has also taught me to write with a quill during the Christmas holidays.

I set Hedwig's cage on the top of one of the shelves and opened the window for her. I looked around my room. It seemed just perfect. The wall in front of my bed was bare. I thought of making a painting on it but didn't know if it was allowed. Maybe I could ask Professor if I could decorate it.

Professor Snape didn't call me for dinner, so I think I cannot eat. I was hungry but kept it to myself and tried to sleep. I was woken up by a house-elf telling me to have dinner. She told me her name was Mickey, and I can call for her whenever I wanted.

I went back to sleep after having dinner.

Lots of love, Harry

*****

Severus knew he was unfair by giving the boy the smallest room in the manor. He had told the house elves to put minimum supplies in it, but when he entered the room this morning, it looked the same but had a homey feeling. It was neat and well kept with everything in place. He had stacked the toys he received on his birthday on top of the bookshelves beside Hedwig's cage. The boy had asked him if he could paint on the walls of his rooms. He had straight out refused to let the boy destroy the walls. But today's inspection of the room proved how wrong he had been. The boy was a brilliant artist. He had found various art supplies with a drawing tablet Albus had given Harry on his birthday and drawing books in the third drawer of the desk along with multiple paintings made by Harry. He had also found many photographs of the manor, Harry, Draco, Theo, and even himself along with a camera and the cell phone, which was again one of many gifts Albus had sent on Harry's birthday in the second drawer. Severus was ashamed of his actions towards Harry, but he vowed to spoil his son and provide him with all he wanted if Harry ever forgave him.

Severus thought of the time Albus had adopted him. He was 13 then. Albus had done everything to love him. He vaguely remembered Albus holding him after a nightmare or telling him it was alright to make mistakes. He had failed so many people. Deep down, he knew Albus was going to find out about how roughly he had treated Harry one way or the other, and he feared the wrath of his father. He knew as soon as Albus was made aware of the truth, he would be dead. He wouldn't be surprised if Albus disowned him or, worse, took Harry away from him and never allowed him to even come near his son.

It had pained him how he had pushed away his son to the extent that he was afraid of calling him by any parental name, even in his personal diary. Harry had scratched out every time he accidentally referred to him as dad when he was so comfortable calling Albus grandpa, even in front of his friends. He had seen how excited he was to tell Draco and Theo about the gifts his grandpa sent him on his birthday and how his grandfather had told him to come to him straight if anyone bullied him at school. After all, he was the headmaster Harry had stated proudly. When Draco asked him what he received from Severus, the boy had changed the topic avoiding answering their question.

He just wished he wasn't too late to realize the fault in his actions and that Harry would forgive him. He just wished he hadn't lost his son forever due to his harsh behavior. That thought alone made a lump rise in his throat and tears well up in his eyes.