Chapter 21 | Froyo & Friends

Tyler's and Dylan's cars! 

Chapter 21 | Froyo & Friends

I looked down and briskly began to walk when I suddenly crashed into someone.

"Sorry," I said and kept walking but the person grabbed my hand "Bella?"

I knew that voice. Without looking up I spoke up, "Tyler?"

"What are you doing here?" We ask in unison

"I came to visit a family friend who works here," Tyler says in hurry, almost as if he's rehearsed this.

"Same actually."

We stand in awkward silence and I'm about to walk away but he stops me "do you maybe wanna get some froyo?"

He rushes the words out, seemingly trying to force himself to say it.

"I thought it could be an official peace offering, you know 'cause of that truce."

I make the mistake of looking up briefly before looking back down and tugging on my hood to come out more. My hair covers half my face.

I'm so gonna regret this

"Sure"

I begin to walk away when I feel his arm snake around my waist and turn me around. He uses his finger to gently lift up my chin. My eyes meet his and I see him scanning every inch of my face.

"What happened? And why weren't you at school today? We called you many times but you didn't pick. Are you okay?"

"I was playing a soccer match today for my soccer club and my team won but the girls on the other team weren't so happy so we got into a fight. Don't worry, I made sure they'd remember me. As for the calls, I didn't see them. Sorry."

"Oh, but are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine. Now take me to the land of froyos!"

He chuckled, "aye aye captain"

We walked to the parking lot, "did you come by car?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"Guess you're driving with me then."

We walk to a sleek black 2019 Mercedes c-class sedan. I wolf whistle "that's a nice car." He shrugged nonchalantly "Rosalie got it for me. She and Henry insisted I take it. I told them I didn't need anything fancy but...here we are."

"So if you have such a nice car, why do you come to school with Dylan all the time?"

"Are you kidding he drives a Maserati, there's no way I'm passing that up."

"Hmm, fair enough."

The rest of the car ride, we sit in comfortable silence until we get to Frank's Froyo.