Chapter 23 | Boyfriend

Picture of Daniel above!

Chapter 23 | Boyfriend

After the hug, Tyler took my hand and led me back into the building. We passed the classroom where Carl was seated in front of the administrative staff. I felt Tyler's hand clench mine and his whole body became rigid. "Son of a bitch" Tyler mumbled under his breath and in an attempt to calm him back down I put my other hand over his which seemed to work. We got to the infirmary and I sat on the bed and watched as Tyler grabbed the bandages and wipes from the cabinets.

I looked around and froze. "Uh, Tyler?" He turned to me with concern etched on his face "are you okay what hap-" he froze when he looked in the direction I was looking. "No way Mrs. Garcia! You're back oh my God!" The woman stood up and hugged Tyler and he grinned like a kid on Christmas "Tyler! ¿Cómo es mi chico favorito?" How is my favourite boy?

"I'm great! God, it's so great to have you back! Wait...you said favourite boy, does that mean?" She smiled "It's a girl! We named her Catalina Maria Garcia" the woman spoke with joy and I looked back and forth between them.

"When did you get back? You should've told them to call me down!" "Relájate (Relax) Tyler, I knew you were going to come here eventually. Tell me you're not still fighting are you?" "Not unless I have to." He looked at me and Mrs. Garcia trailed his gaze then looked at him with shock then squealed "¡Dios mío, Finalmente lo has hecho, tienes novia!" Oh my God, you've finally done it, you got a girlfriend!

"Let me look at you!" She took my face in her hands and examined it including my hands then clapped with joy "my heart has been filled with joy! ¡Ella es Hermosa!" She's beautiful. "What is your name?!" I tried to talk but nothing came out. What in the world was happening right now.

"Her name is Bella and you've got it wrong Mrs. Garcia, Ella no es mi novia, es una amiga mía cercana!" She's not my girlfriend, she's a close friend of mine! Tyler protested and Mrs. Garcia stepped back and huffed. "Why didn't you tell me earlier, you got me worked up for nothing!" She hit his chest and studied me. "Close friend eh?"

"Okay I'm sorry but" I begin finally finding my voice "who are you? How do you know Tyler? And since when do you speak Spanish?!" I yell the last part out. "I'm Mrs. Garcia, I'm the school nurse, I left a year ago on maternity leave since I had a baby, unfortunately, the school was unable to find a replacement for me so I left guides on what to do if you get injured." She motioned to the big blue binder on the table. "Naturally, we locked up the drugs since some people would most likely abuse their access to them. Tyler here was my most frequent visitor. He got into so many fights he ended up becoming my favourite student since I talked to him so much. As for the Spanish, I taught him."

I sat there for a second before saying "ohhhhhh that makes sense." Mrs. Garcia looked at me, "we're going to have you cleaned up and you too Tyler, don't think I didn't notice your knuckles. Tell me, this doesn't have to do with the assault that happened 20 minutes ago does it?" Tyler's hand clenched again and in a low voice he let out a "yes."

"Niños en estos días, tan estúpidos. ¿Cómo puedes hacerle daño a un ángel dulce como esta chica?" Kids these days, so stupid. How can you harm a sweet angel like this girl?

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say Tyler beat him up?" She didn't bother to turn back as she gathered the rest of the supplies needed." "Lo habría hecho peor si no me hubieran detenido, estúpido bastardo." I would've done worse if I hadn't been stopped, stupid bastard.

Mrs. Garcia turned around. "¿Estás seguro de que no están saliendo? Pareces muy protector con ella." Are you sure you two aren't dating? You seem awfully protective of her.