Chapter 25 | Chemistry

"Secret Santa!" Tess and E chirped excitedly before sitting down, food in hand.

"What?" Ty, Ali, Dy and I askin unison

"We should do a secret Santa, it'll be so much fun!" Tessa squealed and clapped her hands together "right!" Ethan agreed while the others murmured in agreement

"What'd ya think?!" E inquired jovially, "it's actually a good idea which makes me think it was Tessa who came up with it." Dy joked, causing a glare from Ethan "I'll have you know I'm intelligent and capable of smart ideas!"

Tyler chuckled "yeah right, you're acting like I don't know you" Ethan glared again and pouted "Izzy, they're being mean!" His whiny voice rang through my ears. Biting my lips to prevent me from smiling I 'scowled' at the boys "boys, do I need to teach you a lesson?"

Tyler, being the annoying son of a gun he is replied with "sure, my room at seven." I turned my face and bit my lip harder trying to ignore my beet-red face. Now they were laughing at me and I flipped them off.

"But no seriously, it'll be fun, let's meet at my place later and talk about it." Dylan continued

"I'm game" Ali spoke

"Sweet, Izzy?"

"Yeah okay but I'll be late, I've got work"

"Thought you started at 6," Dylan said "used to, I changed my shift to 4 - 6"

Before he had time to reply, the sound of the bell cut him off and we all said our goodbyes before heading to our third-period class. "Hey!" I slid into the seat beside Mason "Hey, do you know what we're doing today?" "Free period, we got a sub." "Awesome! So when are you planning on hanging with me and the guys?" "Mason, I told you I'm a busy girl." "How about today?" "Can't, I've got work and I'm hanging with the gang after. You could come."

He laughed "I would like to live to see tomorrow and considering Tyler was ready to murder me last week I'll pass." "Suit yourself, but he's not that bad once you get to know him." He scoffed "I'll bet. Have you been friends for long?" "Nope, we started being friends a few weeks ago but we knew each other before. Kinda hated him but the feeling was mutual on his end." "Oh, yea! Didn't you spill coffee on him a couple of months back?" "Yup," I say popping the p "please elucidate, this I gotta hear."

"So basically it was my first day and I was already in a pissy mood then he crashed into me and told me to watch where I'm going so I called him an asshole which made him angry then he called me a bitch which made me pissed so I poured coffee on him and thus began our feud which lasted until a few weeks ago."

He let out a low whistle "remind me to never get on your bad side." I chuckled, "How long have you and Daniel been friends?" "Hmm..about four years, so the start of high school." "Oh okay nice" "Oh uh" he paused suddenly looking conflicted and uncertain "I heard about...that guy...Carl...I'm sorry. He's a dick, he deserved every punch he got from Tyler and more."

"Thanks but it's in the past now, I'm just living my life besides, few more months then I'm out of this place."

"Very true. So does he fight a lot?" "Who?" "Tyler." "No not really, I heard he used to but he doesn't fight unless someone does something he hates." "Okay, you got any siblings?" "Yea, I brother he's 21" "Oh, does he live with you or...?" "No he lives in Michigan with my aunt cause of uni but I'm not complaining, he's annoying" to emphasize my point I scrunched up my face which made him laugh "well I for one am lucky to be an only child, Daniel's brother is so annoying and Kinsey our other friend which I think you've seen has a sister and oh my God this girl is the biggest drama queen ever. She's the type that makes you wanna run and hide not out of fear but sheer annoyance."