Chapter 11 | Lovers

The picture on top is how I imagined Tyler to look like!

Chapter 11 | Lovers

"We're closed." "I know, but I left my lip gloss here earlier. I was just coming back for it." I pointed to the lost and found and she walked over while looking at the both of us. "I got it." She walked out and I sighed, now I only had one problem to deal with. "Give me the money." He said and held out his hand. I stood by the cash register and shook my head. "No, you do this all the time, I won't give you the money."

Fine, then I'll beat it out of you. That's what he'll say next

"Fine, then I'll beat it out of you."

Called it

He beat me and kicked me until I was too weak to stand up. The more I pleaded and cried and begged him to stop the more ammo he got. Then he left me sitting and sobbing on the cold hard floor. I pulled my knees up to my chest and cried. I sat there for I don't know how long before the familiar feeling of an anxiety attack, the shallow breaths and soon after, the dizziness then blackness.

-

I groaned, my head was pounding and I was shivering. I slowly lifted myself off the floor and looked around. Confused, I stood up and looked at my surroundings.

Why am I at the Diner?

It was then that the previous night's events hit me. I cussed under my breath and got out the mop to clean up. Afterwards, I checked and was relieved to see the money still there.

I changed out of my uniform and locked up. I put the key in the key slot outside the cafe then I walked to my car. It was 5 in the morning which meant the diner would open soon. I decided to go home, get ready then come to order a drink.

I pulled up in the driveway and walked stiffly inside. My body was sore and I had dried up blood on me. I slowly closed the door and tiptoed up to my room and froze nearly falling over in the process. There he was, passed out on my bed.

What the fu-? Again?! I'm so freaking tired of this man getting into my bed because he's too wasted!!

I got my clothes and froze each time he moved, I felt like James Bond with all the tip toeing and crawling I had to do. Eventually, I made it out of the room and decided to go use the guest washroom. I took a long shower then dressed up. Then proceeded to do my makeup.

-

With a caramel frappe in hand, I walked through the empty school halls. No doubt I was late. I stopped at my locker to put my things away then walked into English class and all eyes were immediately on me.

High school kids are so nosy, I swear. Y'all never saw a girl before or what?

"You're late Isabella." I cringed at the name "I know I'm sorry and It's Bella." She apologized and I went to sit down. A wince escaped from under my breath and I nearly screamed in pain when I sat down but I kept my breathing even.

I looked at Tyler and saw him staring at me with a quizzical look. I shot him a faint smile and turned away from him.

After an hour and 20 minutes of sitting in class reading Shakespeare and almost falling asleep, the bell rang and I slowly stood up while clenching my teeth. "Are you okay?" Tyler asked. I hadn't even noticed he'd been waiting for me. "Yea I'm fine I just had a rough aikido practice," I said and walked past him. He walked up to me with his bag slung over his shoulder "you do aikido?" I nodded "what else?" "Karate, judo, jiu-jitsu and taekwondo." He whistled.

You're probably wondering if I know all these different martial arts why don't I use it on my dad. If I did, I'd get beatings worse than the one he gave me yesterday.