He calls

that fan art up there had me wheezing xD

Welcome back to some more gutter-tier writing, where chapters are pulled straight out of the trashcan and served to you on a fancy plate! 

ENJOY!

--------

Mono didn't get as much sleep, perhaps he thought, he wasn't as tired as he expected he'd be from the journey. He opened his eyes to find that the building desolate, just as they found it, safe and with no sign of life anywhere. The only difference was the faint light coming from a window upstairs, allowing him to see the room they were in more clearly now. It was empty, an old carpet lay there in the middle of the room, and a wooden door painted in white flanked by two flower pots housing withering plants stood there a few steps away. To the far left was a winding staircase, broken down halfway up the steps. No way to go but forward now, I suppose.

Mono swiped his arm from under his coat and raised in the air, feeling for the cold, it wasn't as unforgiving as before, so he could manage without his coat for now.

Mono turned his head to his right and found Six still sound asleep, her breath steaming in front of her. Mono slipped from under his trenchcoat, then slowly, he pulled it up until it reached her shoulders. Six made a small sound as she hugged the coat and pulled it closer to her nose. He watched her, for a long while. Seeing her likes this fills him with this iron resolution... a need to protect her, no matter the cost. He would do anything, give anything, just to see her smile, to see her happy.

He swore he wouldn't let anything hurt her, because if something did... There's no telling what he might do. He reached with his hand to push the curtain of hair off her face and tug it behind her ear, but his hand recoiled back and hovered inches away from her face, I am not a monster, he heard her voice in his head. How could someone so small think of herself as some monster? Mono thought.

"No, Six. You're so much better than that." He thought aloud.

Mono's hand went to his mouth as he realized how loud he was, He saw Six curl into a ball, making tiny sounds in her throat as she did. He stood up carefully and backed away, she did look like she needed a little bit more rest because last time he had cut her sleep short, and he was painfully aware of it. So he let her have it, for now.

He turned and walked back towards the cracks in the door from which they came. He squeezed through only halfway and leaned against the broken wood. The smell of seawater filled his nostrils as he looked outside. It was still nighttime, but it no longer came as a surprise. the moon was full in the sky, surrounded by clouds, but not truly hidden behind them. and in the far distance, the buildings were still bending back and forth. The wind had seemingly ceased for now, as all the discarded clothes that were being blown around, now lay still on the beach.

first the forest and now this...? Just how long do they have to go until they reach a safe haven? He looked around a bit, making sure that no one was around, he grabbed his paper bag and lifted it off his head. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and exhaled. "I will get us out of here. I will..." He said, then sat there for a while, alone with his thoughts as he lost track of time.

"Mono." A voice came from inside the building. he hurriedly placed his paper bag back over his head.

"Six?" Mono said, squeezing back inside the building. He peeked his head around the corner, and looked around the dingy room, "Slept well?" Mono asked, but soon he furrowed his brows, as he noticed Six was still sleeping, her breathing was barely even audible. who said that then?