Safety?

AH! Hello again, traveler! Here you're just in time! *Gives chapter* 

Word count 3k it's a long one... 

See you at the bottom of the page! Enjoy!!!

--------

Mono covered his flushed face as Six picked him up and propped him against her back, holding his legs steady by her sides. Mono ended up choosing to let her carry him that way. He would have died from embarrassment if she carried him bridal style. "I hate this... I hate this... OH! I hate this so much... someone just put me out of my misery already..." He spoke with a muffled voice.

"Shush already... You're light as a feather." Six said as she shifted his form into a more comfortable position. "Just let me help. You've already... done so much." Six said with a voice as calm as a still river. 

Mono finally gave up the protest. He let out a defeated sigh and held on to her shoulders, "Fine..." he said. Kill me.

"Okay... where to, captain?" She said with a smile stretching across her face.

He made a weird noise and smiled too. Yes, this sure feels like home. "L-Left..." He said, pointing at the far end of the room where stood a door with tiny gaps big enough for them to squeeze through. Six nodded firmly and started at the door, minding the glass shards and the holes on the floor. She made her way through the narrow gaps between the boxes, zig-zagged through the tables and chairs, stepped over piles of papers, and stopped beside the cracks in the door. 

"Watch you're head." Six said, ducking through the gap. Mono gripped her shoulders and lowered his head, wincing as she squeezed through the other side. Yet another hallway greeted them, dimly lit and vandalized. But compared to the others that Mono had already passed through, nothing seemed out of the ordinary, business as usual, as some would like to say. There were torn lining papers all about the walls, lockers were tumbled over, doors stood slightly open leading to ransacked classrooms, pieces of abandoned clothes hung from the shattered windows and the rectangular lights overhead, and on the floor were giant holes where spiders and mice alike nestled. 

The only difference now is that there were no dolls around. No titters, no snickering, no footsteps bounding from inside the vents, nothing peeking its head from around the corner waiting to pounce. Was that supposed to make him feel relieved or anxious? Either way, he still felt naked in this state, and if anything were to happen, he'd be as useful as a glass hammer. 

Six hauled him up the moment she felt him slipping off her back, "Where to now?" She said, her head turning to face him.

Mono pointed down the hall. He told her to keep heading straight until she comes across a set of stairs to her left. Along the way, he would ask her if he was too much of a burden on her shoulders. She'd smile and shrug it off, telling him that she is actually enjoying herself, despite everything...

As Six took the flight of stairs downwards, hopping down from one step to the next, Mono couldn't help but ask, "Say, Six..." he said reluctantly, and pause for a moment.

"Hm?" Six said.

"About what happened... back there..." Mono said, and at that, Six turned her head towards him.  "Back when I... you know..." You know... glowy eyes, roof crumbling down, massacred everything in my wake, little plastic things running away from the scene screaming bloody murder... that kind of stuff... Did you see a monster or just a tiny little scared boy? He said none of that. Instead, all he did was mumble incoherent words. In the end, he let out a sigh, and just said, "Oh forget it."

Six only decyphered the word scared, and somehow she knew exactly what he was trying to tell her. Her eyes were kind and understanding, "You can tell me... It's okay."