Last Swig

HEY HEY! Wonderful people. I took a break from blood and guts, how about a bit of this? 

I gotta say... writing this has been really fun! What's better is that people are actually enjoying this... well, I'm honored! truly! I only wish that I could keep giving you more and more content, hopefully all of them would be as good as the ones before them, or even better! 

2k words

EnjoY!

-------

Six pulled the door inward and hurried into the room, zig-zagging between the pedestals and barstools and jumping onto couches, and throwing herself on the wine-red cushions, laughing and giggling. Mono felt himself grinning, and now his feet moved on their own, taking him past the pool table and through brick walls littered with posters. He spun around as he walked beneath the bar shelves behind the counter, taking in the scenery about him. He climbed up the drawers and made it to the top of the bar table. He walked across it, passing trays filled with ash and crumpled cigarettes, empty glass cups, and bottles tumbled over bottles with a faint smell of liqueur still lingering from the rims. He hopped over the stains and sat along the edge of the table, and looked around. Six was down there on the cushions, laying on her back with her arms and legs outstretched, Mono waved at her, and she waved back, smiling. 

He could see everything from up here, and it was truly a work of art as if this were a slice from heaven, the world that came before them was really something else. If its remnants were that beautiful, Mono could only imagine how it all could've looked like before everything went downhill. Doubtless, it would've been a sight to behold. 

Mono looked around a bit more and saw a bunch of machines, with posters of a person in a spacesuit shooting meteors with a funny-looking laser gun. The one on its left had a poster of a policeman with the words, Shoot To Kill, written above him. Arcade games... Mono realized. He'd never thought he'd see another one of those any time soon. Too bad all of them were out of order...

"Mono!" Six cried, "Look!" 

Mono glanced down and saw Six standing beside a giant machine. He took a closer look and found that it was a vending machine. It had rows and rows of all kinds of snacks, chips, chocolate, soda cans, cookies, and fluffy cakes. Mono stood up, excitement taking over him. He hopped down and landed on the seat of the barstool, then jumped off and made it to the ground with a soft thud.

Oh, man... this place just keeps on giving. If it were up to him, he'd never want to leave this place, ever. Six beckoned to him, "Come on!" She said, pressing her hands against the glass. Mono stood next to her and looked up at the machine. "How does this thing work?" She said, tearing her gaze away from it to look back at Mono.

Mono scratched his chin, musing. It had power, no doubt about that. He could hear the faint humming of its motor... but they had money on them. "Uhh, gimmie a sec," Mono said and went to examine the machine further. Six stood there watching him curiously. He looked under the machine and behind it and came back empty-handed. "Well, I guess that leaves only one choice..." He said, moving towards the take-out port. He pushed it open and slipped a glance inside. "HA!"

"What are you doing?" Six asked.

Mono looked back at her and grinned, "Here's one of many advantages of being tiny. Wait here." He said and pushed the plastic shutter all the way and crawled inside. It got so chilly in here that Mono started shivering. It took him a few tries to reach the top, as the metal was slippery, and he had nowhere to hook his fingers nor a place to steady himself with his legs. 

"Are you alright in there?" Six asked.

"Just dandy! Look up!" He said, waving at her from beyond the glass. Six looked up, covering her eyes from the light coming from the machine, and waved back, smiling. "What do you like to eat?" He asked her.