True colors

Final chapter of the school arc! Wooo I guess we could say now that we are nearly to the end. Well,  maybe not nearly, but we are getting closer!

Warning! Blood and gore! Like a *that much* You still got that plushie shiba with you? I hope so...

Word count 3k
Enjoy!

--------

Hungry? It looked more like she was starving... As Mono crawled to the edge of the bed to take a closer look at her, Six hid her faced behind that black patch of hair, sprung to her feet, and went down the small set of steps, panting and gasping as she found the darkest corner in the room and sat there hugging her knees, rocking her body back and forth. Why is she running away?

"Wh-What's gotten into you?" Mono said. He hopped down the set of steps and crossed the room to where she was cowering. In the rush of things, he forgot about his feebleness. He tumbled over and fell against his chest. Six was out of the shadows for a moment. Her first instinct was to rush out and help him, but then she retreated into the dark. Mono groaned as he placed his hands against the floor and pushed himself back on his wobbly feet. 

"Just stay away... please..." Six pleaded, her voice low and deep with pain. 

That glow in her eyes... He'd seen it before back in the vents. He held up his hands, "Look... I don't know what this is about..." He said, slowly approaching her as if he was trying to capture a cornered beast, "But I can't help you, Six... Not unless you'd talk to me... Isn't that what friends are for?" 

"I-I can't..." She breathed. 

"Why not..." Mono said, walking closer.

"You'll hate me... you'll leave..." She said.

Mono narrowed his eyes. Is it really that bad? he took a few more steps forward, "It's alright, you can trust me... I mean, it's just hunger... we can find food literally anywhere..."

Six heaved in a shaky breath, "It's not just hunger, Mono... It's-" a low growl came from her, and her eyes gleamed a deeper red, her features twisted in agony. Oh no... It's worse than bad. Mono thought.

"Alright then..." Mono said, holding out his hand for her. Six gasped and shuffled back, but there was nowhere left to retreat.

"Please! Stay away! Don't any closer!" She said, clutching her sides, "Please, Mono... please... I don't want to hurt you." 

Mono just drew back and sat on the floor cross-legged. He reached under his paper bag and rubbed his temple, "Fine... alright, I get it." He said, musing. Then he lifted his head, an idea sticking him, "Can you endure it just for a bit longer?" Mono asked.

Six looked at him, then silently nodded.

He didn't know how long he had, but it was best if he'd get to it right away. He stood back on his legs. They wobbled a bit, but not as much as before. He had enough strength for the path ahead, now that he had his rest. "Stay here... I'll be back." He said.

"What are you doing...?" She said.

"There was a cafeteria back there..." He said, pointing with his thumb back at the door, "I'll be back with food in no time!" 

"Mono, you can't go back out there... It's too dangerous." Six said, "You can't walk..." 

"Nonsense!" He cried, slapping his thigh. "feeling as healthy as a horse now!"

The doorknob twisted behind them, and Mono was suddenly on edge. But as it swung open, nothing came in. It once again opened by itself, as if something was watching and it was egging them on. Mono didn't know how to feel about that, but now he had one objective in mind and wasted no time. He ran across the room then stopped beside the door, looking back at Six. He lifted his paper bag and grinned, then bolted out of the room, the door shutting and locking all by itself.