Stay with me

Wrote this while listening to Spider dance and Megalovania... What the hell is wrong with me?

--------

It's no giant yellow veil! It's no giant yellow veil! It was a raincoat fitted for the size of an enormous beast. The tune that filled the room was drowned out by the low growls of a beastlike creature and moans of a human in anguish. Arms long and slender as birch trunks twisted grotesquely across the room. Crooked fingers dug into the bedsheets and pierced through the mattress as the hulking figure shifted from where it was sitting and turned to where the voice was coming from. A long curtain of black hair fell all about its features from beneath the hood of the raincoat. Before long, it moved. The floor creaked beneath it as its legs abnormally bent back and forth, shuffling against the ground, making for the little one that stood there frozen in terror in the middle of the room.

Sweat trickled down Mono's spine, chilling him to the core. His hair stuck to his forehead and his throat felt painfully dry. He couldn't move a muscle, he couldn't breathe... His eyes were streaked with tears at the horrible sight of his friend. He could feel her pain- No... he could feel her agony! With each step she took, he heard those soft whimpers of pain.

Mono's entire body threatened to give out. Everything hurts so much, he felt like he was about to faint. His hands went to his head. He wanted to scream, to rip out his hair, to go back there and burn The Thin Man from the inside out for what he did to her, "Oh, God. Oh my God... What-? What has he done?" Tears fell out of his eyes as he sunk to his knees, holding his face in his arms. This is my fault... This is all my fault!

Upon a sudden, Six reached out with a twisted arm and seized the music box between her fingers, dragging it back towards her and covering it with her body. She held it close to her chest, gently caressing the metal surface with both her hands and playing with the spinning crank on the top. Mono's hands fell from his face, observing the situation carefully. Perhaps not all hope is lost after all... That was still Six, or yet she was still somewhere in that hunk of twisted flesh and bones. Mono knew for sure... because nothing else in the world would calm and soothe her other than that tune.

But what could he possibly do to bring her back? Mono thought. Did she even notice me in the room? does she even recognize me if she saw me? Mono slowly drew back to his feet, taking steady steps towards her, he whispered, "Six? Six it's me... Can you hear me?" At that, her giant head silently shifted in his direction, the strands of hair waving this way and that. With another growl, her head went back to the music box. Well, at least she wasn't completely oblivious of his presence. Mono took another few steps, "I've come to get you out of here... Come on, we can make it if we go now! We're so close to being home free. We just need to find a way out of the Tower, like we always do, right? Right, Six?" He said.

Six turned towards him once more, he could feel her gazing at him from beyond that long curtain of black hair. She looked at the music box then back at him again, with a soft huff she placed one hand against the floor with the other holding the music box close, lifted her body upwards and started shuffling towards Mono.

He broke through! Mono's eyes widened with delight, he went back and made for the door he had just come from and stood there beside the torn hinges, beckoning her to come. Six's movement suddenly came to a halt once she reach the centre of the room. Her head was once more bent on the music box and her hands cradled it close. It's keeping her trapped here, or rather, she doesn't want to leave this room at all... Mono thought, "Six, come on. You can take that thing with you, but we need to go." But this time, Six wouldn't listen. She didn't even spare him a glance, "Six, come on. Please..." Mono tried again. It earned him and sinister snarl, a snarl that shook his very bones and froze his blood. Mono drew away, his back resting against the doorframe. He sank to the floor, hugging his knees with one hand and pressing the other to his forehead, "Six, please... I beg you... snap out of it. Oh, what am I supposed to do now...?" He said.