Once more

WOWIEEEE! 4k reads and 228 votes, this is mind blowing! Thank you all so much! Now this grimlin here will do his part and provide you with a new chapter!

Enjoyy!!

-------

Purple and pink flashed all around him. His tiny form flung this way and that, bouncing off what seemed like walls made of sticky sodden flesh. He came to a sudden halt, coming face to face with a giant red-streaked eye. It bore into him and stared into his soul, and before he knew it, he lost his memory of the past thirty minutes with Bart. He couldn't even remember that name anymore, all that was left was this faded remnant of a shaded figure, the one that had helped him find Six.

What he did know at this point is that he's still alive, and the unbearable pain from before was gone. Just like that... Why? Was the question that constantly roamed his mind, why was he still here? Why wasn't this over yet? Mono felt like he was still as clueless as ever, but there was this feeling he couldn't quite comprehend, that this question had already been answered a thousand times before, and the answer is stuck somewhere in distant memories... AH! there it is again... this dreadful sense of deja vu.

His body suddenly moved against his will, it was as if he was being swept away by the violent current of the river, only to be flung off the edge of the waterfall.  colorless shapes floated about him. Before long, the bright purple light was shrouded in black, and after that Mono could see himself closing in on the static screen which separated this world from the other. His body tensed, his hands moving to cover his face, expecting the impact at any moment now.

Mono crashed through the screen, sending shards of glass flying outwards. His tiny form met the rough surface, rolling a few times against the wood. He groaned in pain as he steadied his arms against the floor, Hell... I'm never gonna get used to that. He adjusted his paper bag on his head and pulled down his disheveled clothes. He stayed there on his knees for a moment, trying to process what on earth is going on.

A few glances here and there, and their gaze met. Wide puffy crimson eyes bore back into his, they gleamed in the faint moonlight that seeped through the windows. Six... She let out a shaky breath as she slowly crawled out of the corner, she looked at him queerly, as if she had seen a ghost. "Mo-?" She muttered, her voice low and melancholic.

Well? Go on... say something! Tell her it's really you! Mono stood on shaky legs, he never felt this worn out before. He waved his hand and said, "H-Hey?" His voice came raspy and weak. Tears formed in Six's eyes, she heaved in a trembling breath as she bit her lower lip. She wiped the tears away and rushed at him with her fists clenched and her teeth gritted.

Oh... She's gonna hit me, isn't she? "WAIT WAIT WAIT!" Mono said, rapidly. his arms extended in front of him. Mono pressed his eyes shut, bracing for the blow. But instead, Six's entire form slammed against Mono, tackling him to the floor and knocking the wind out of him. She was sobbing again, her face buried in his chest and her hands clutched his coat so hard it almost tore. 

"You... Idiot... Mono... You idiot...!" she spoke, she brought her fist down lightly on his chest, "Why... Why did you go this far...?!" Her fist fell against him again. Six slowly lifted her face, her breath escaping in small hiccups. The sight of her features made his heartache, she had red rims under them, her cheeks were soaked with tears, some of them fell off her chin and landed on his neck and others stained his paper bag, "You... scared me to death... I thought you were... I thought..." she gritted her teeth as more tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry..." Mono said, his voice still hoarse.

Her brows knitted and pulled upwards, her fingers moved and drifted across the scar on his neck "I-I can't... I can't lose you, too... I can't..."

Too, huh? Bloody hell... There's still so much she hasn't yet told me. Mono's arms went and cupped her cheeks, then he brushed them up and down with his thumb, "I'm still here... I'm not going anywhere. I still have a promise to keep." He said as he motioned with his pinky finger. Six sniffled, smiling briefly, then started crying again. She moved her hand away from his neck and locked her pinky with his. "Stop crying already... You're making my knees hurt."

Six nodded, "Okay." she said wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her threadbare sweater. 

The hand resting on her cheek reached behind her head and pulled her close to his chest, he gently moved his fingers up and down and ran them through her hair. "I'm just glad you're alright..." It seemed to have soothed her, as her breathing calmed and the rising and falling of her shoulders ceased. But she wasn't truly alright, Mono found. Her knuckles had cuts and bruises from her struggle with the porcelain dolls, He saw more scars coating her knees too, not to mention that clotted wound on her forehead. While he held her pinky finger, he ran his thumb lightly against the cuts on her hand. She hissed against his coat, "I'm sorry... I don't think I have berries for those this time." he said, his voice still hoarse. 

Six lifted her head and looked at her hand, "It's nothing..." She said. 

"Yeah... no... infection is the last thing we need right now," Mono said. If only there was something they could use to treat those wounds. Wait a minute... somehow Mono knew exactly where to go. He looked at the door to his left, a voice echoed in the back of his mind, take the door to the left and go down the stairs until you reach a door painted in black. Whose words were those? It felt like he had that conversation only minutes ago, yet he had no memory of it. "Hey uhh, Six. Don't ask me how... But I think I know where to go next." 

Six tilted her head, thinking twice about questioning it, she was pretty much used to these shenanigans by now. She nodded and went to a kneeling position. Mono grunted as he struggled to sit up straight, his body wouldn't let him move, it felt like he was crushed underneath an invisible pile of rubble. oh, come on. Don't just give up on me now... He truly never felt this feeble in his whole life. "Mono?" Six said.

He looked around for a bit, eyes darting left and right. His face flushed red under the paper bag, "Six... a little help here." He said extending his hand in the air. damn it, you shouldn't see me like this... this is too embarrassing. Six jumped to her feet and firmly grabbed his hand and pulled him to his feet. Mono's back lolled back, Six had to hold him steady with her hands under his armpits. That freakshow back there took way more out of him than he anticipated. He hated the feeling of not being in control, of being helpless.

She looked at him worriedly, "Can you walk?" She asked.

Mono wobbled on his feet, he shrugged it off, "Yeah, yeah!" He nodded, "Sure I can..." Six back away a bit, he lifted his feet and tried to take a step forward, "It's no problem at all, I can still-" As his foot hit the floor he suddenly lost all feeling of it as if it was never even there. Oh crap! He felt his body falling, and he saw the floor coming closer and closer, but Six rushed and caught him. He pulled his arm around her shoulder and started panting, now walking is a struggle, wonderful...! Mono laughed nervously, "Hah... that's funny... I can't walk."

Six's lips were a straight line, she let out a brief sigh, "Okay..."

"Okay, what?"

She knelt down, "Get on, I'll carry you." 

Mono was taken aback, his breath caught in his throat, "What!? NO! absolutely not!"

"It's either that or the bridal style."

"STOP! NO! I can walk see, I can-" Mono stubbled, Six caught him before falling again. 

"Don't make this harder, Mono..."

Mono made a small sound of protest in his throat and shook his head.

"Right then, you leave me no choice."

"NOOOOOoooooooooeeeee."

--------

1444 words, not the lengthiest of chapters given the time I took to write it. Been watching a bunch of anime this week. (Or maybe just slept through the whole day. Idk.)

There are mistakes lurking about somewhere, please point them out if you see any!

See y'all next time bye byee!!!

*jumps through portal*