ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 - sᴏʀʀʏ, ᴋᴏᴀ

*𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗽*
I open my eyes, and turn towards my side table.

"5:30"

I say before hitting stop and laying back down with a sigh. I lay there for a bit before getting up and reaching for my glasses off my side table. I can hear my brother watching cartoons through my thin ass wall, like any other morning.

"IF YOU DON'T TURN THAT SHIT DOWN!"

Followed by me banging a couple times on the wall, I get up and head downstairs. To no surprise I see mom laid passed out on the couch with at least seven bottles of Smirnoff by her side. I let out a sigh then picked my barf covered baby blanket that smelled of cigarettes and beer off the floor and draping it on her and headed to the kitchen.

As I forage for a bite to eat I feel a presence in the entrance of the doorway, I turn slowly to see only just my little brother, Zero.

"Taleaz, I'm hungry, but I can't wake mom." he says in a sad quiet voice.

I walk over to him and ruffle his hair before kneeling to his level.

"How aboouut, hmm.." I tapped my chin pretending to think.

"I've got it! Why don't you and I go to Waffle House this morning, would you like that?"

He nods with a smile and runs up stairs to his room and me not far behind to get ready. I go to my room and put on my favorite hoodie and some jeans, then struggled to slip on my dirty checkered vans whilst hobbling to the bathroom to brush my dry ass hair. That was before giving up completely and just putting it in two braids. I brushed my teeth while looking at the white spots that circled my eyes.

"Damn, seems like my vitiligo gets worse by the minute.."

I spit and give myself a toothy grin before quickly snapping my mouth shut in disgust. Opening my contact box, I grab my dry contacts and run them under water.

"Since my mom won't get me actual solution this'll have to do for now." I say letting out a sigh.

I grab my book bag, phone and my tangled earbuds and head downstairs. Zero's already on the porch admiring an ant trail.

"Ready to go loser?" I say pulling my hood over to hide my face and plopping down the stairs past my mom's rusty car onto the sidewalk, Zero not far behind.