We listened to the song for around another 30 seconds before the demon walks over in her loud wedges. She makes puppy dog eyes at my brother and wraps her arms around his.

"Baby, come on! I'm hungry and I don't want to be late for school." she says peering at me then back at him.

"I'm coming babe, just let us finish this song." he says trying to wiggle from her grip.

"But I'm hungee now!" she says in a baby voice. I cringe.

"Dylan he's coming. Relax, let me talk to MY brother, damn." I say with a bitch face.

Dylan looks me up and down.

"Oh, Taleaz. Seems to me your wearing that dingy old jacket again? Do you even wash that smelly thing cause I can still smell the weed your pothead of a father smoked radiating off." she says pouting and laying her chin on Koa's shoulder.

I could feel the tears swelling in my eyes, she knows the meaning behind this jacket, yet she used it as fuel to her fire?

I quickly grab my book bag and stand on the other side of Koa.

"Say something Koa! She's YOUR butter faced girlfriend!" I yell with tears packed into my eyes. Trying not to think of the commotion she's making.

His face stunned and his mouth gapped wide open he turns to Dylan and she pouts at him then back to me with a scowl.

"Z, you really need to calm down." he says sternly.

I stand there looking at him like he just murdered someone, how could he side with her, again!? After she bad mouthed our family, AGAIN!

"You know what, fuck the both of you! I wish you would've died instead of dad so I wouldn't have to wear his "weed smelling" jacket everyday!" I say panting with tears now streaming down my face.

He looks at me his eyes now starting to swell with tears, I now see the extent of my words and I regretted saying them immediately.

I run out of Waffle House into the sprinkling rain. Turning around to not only see him crying into Dylan's arms but to see almost the entire restaurant fleeing to comfort him.

"I'm so sorry Koa."