-𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙉𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜-
     I wake up to a beam of sunlight cascading from the window onto my face. I stare at the dust flying in the air for a little while before moving Zero off the top of me and going to the bathroom.

I stare in the mirror at my dirty face and stretched out tank top strings.

"Boy what the hell boy?" I say looking at my reflection.

I turn on the shower letting it warm up and walk over to the dresser where Mrs. Madison put some fresh clothes out for me. I collect my things and get my spare pair of glasses out my bag and peer over at Zero.

He's sleeps so rough, but at least he looks cute doing it. I walk over kiss him on the forehead and take off his shirt since he usually complains about waking up sweat and then I hopped in the shower.

I haven't had a hot shower in lord knows how long, our water heater broke and mom would rather spend her money on "other things".

I get done in the shower and step out; I wiped the foggy mirror off and brushed my hair up into a bun. The shirts Mrs. Madison brought me we're a bit out dated, but underneath it was my washed jacket so I put that on instead.

I walk out the bathroom and went down the hall to Don's room, the door was slightly open I look in to see him shirtless and practicing his guitar.

"Hey, Don." I say opening the door and sitting on his bed.

"Oh, My mom said she made us breakfast and that she'll be back soon." He says snapping and pointing a finger gun at me.

"What about your dad?" I say playing with his led lights.

"Uh, he's probably at work Taleaz. You've been here enough times to know what my family is doing at ten in the morning." He says sitting back in his seat.

"Well yea but I was just making sure."

"Oh! Want to see the game I was talking about since your here now?" Don says putting his guitar back on the stand.

"I mean, I don't really have any choice huh?"

"Shut up." Don says rolling his eyes.

He excitedly walks over and sits nexts to me on the bed. Grabs his remote and switches on his playstation.

"It's one player though, are you cool with sharing?"

"Don't start with the dumb ass questions." I say snatching the remote.

"Now.. What do I do?"

"Ta-leaz."

We both bust out laughing.

"Ok, ok hand it here." Don gestures for the remote.

I yank the remote to the other side of my body.

"Um, no you can teach me how you are, just tell me what to do."

"But you-"

"EH, EH no touch, just tell." I say waving my finger.

I begin playing the game struggling as all hell to figure it out; that's until Don rests his hands over mine and helps me to play. I try pushing his hands hand off.

"Look just let me help you." He says looking at me then back to the tv.

In that moment for the first time I felt butterflies in my stomach. What the hell, gross.

We play like that until he shuts off it off. I growl then roll over to the right side of the bed and lay on my back looking up at the multiple posters on Adonis' ceiling.

"Don't be rude, make room." Don says laying down beside me.

He turns over and starts staring at me. I look over at him and make a confused face.

"Stop being a creep" I say pushing his shoulder.

"What I can't look at you now?" He says laughing twirling my jacket string around his finger.

He twirls it enough for me to roll over so that we can lay face to face. Don looks up at my bun and pulls it out.

"You know, I think you look a lot better with your hair down." He says putting my hair tie around his wrist.

"Oh yea? Why's that." I say fixing my hair.

"Because when you wear your glasses and have your hair down you look like the old Taleaz." He puts a stray hair behind my ear.

"Yea well since you're not wearing yours right now you just look like a simpleton."

"You know you like me without them." He says bopping my nose.

"Ew shut up, you don't know what your talking about. Are you sure the dumb-dumb juice is out your system from yesterday?" I say rolling over on my back but still facing him.

"Positive."

He moves closer to me propping himself up with his arm. He then stares at my mouth then my eyes then my mouth again.

"Adonis stop being weird." I say putting up my hood and tying the drawstrings tight.

Don undos my knot and lifts my chin to meet his eyes and brushes the hair from my face to the side What the fuck, what the fuck, WHAT THE FUCK. I don't know what I'm doing!

He leans in and honestly I don't even try to make a diversion. I can feel his breath as the edge of his bottom lip touches mine and as his hand slides to the front of my neck. Is my official first kiss really going to be with my best friend? That was until-

BOOM, Zero bursts through the door.

"Don where's Taleaz" Zero says rubbing his eye. We scramble to get up and quickly compose ourselves.

"Um, I. I'm right here buddy. let's- like, to. Let's go, get you some food." I quickly take Zero's hand and we walk downstairs.

What just happened?!