Chapter 25

Chapter 25 (Nov. 7th)
Jasper's POV:

Alice said she had something important to discuss with us after she got back from Missouri this weekend. Margaret had asked where she was when she came over yesterday, and luckily Esme was there with a story of her visiting a few cousins. Now though, she told us she had some big news to tell us regarding her past. Her past was something that she had awoken to as a vampire without any knowledge of, so for her to have found something out after Margaret's dream of her last week was a big deal.

This past week at school had been passed with us growing more and more anxious as Alice had sent us very little details about how her trip was going. I had said goodbye to Margaret shortly after I dropped her back off at her house, my mind still reeling with the fact she told me she would leave the window unlocked tonight if I couldn't sleep at my house. I already knew that I would be back at her house tonight, as long as this didn't take too long.

"Please Alice, just tell us what you've found. No more Korean Pop songs please." (Ed)

"I'm sorry but I've been sitting on this since I got back, it was the only way to keep you from hearing it before everyone else." (A)

"Well what did you find out then Alice?" (Esme)

"Margaret was right about what my name was, and even where I was when I was turned. My family.......well my father apparently, had me committed to the mental hospital after my mother had died. Most of the records were gone or missing due to a fire, but I found out I was committed under the guise of being dangerous to my little sister. Seemed that even then I had visions." (A)

I could tell that wasn't all she found out, as Edward had a sense of surprise and shock wash through him even as he remained silent. I looked to see Alice staring at me, feeling her emotions led primarily by caution as she stared at me.

"So she was right about that, what else?" (J)

"My family had my death date the same as the day I was committed to the hospital but my little sister lived. Her name was Cynthia Brandon, she grew up and got married and had a daughter who kept her maidon name. She was Samantha Alice Brandon. She had a daughter named.....Margaret Allie Brandon." (A)

I stared at Alice as she looked at me, a blank look on her face no doubt wondering how I was going to take this information. Unless of course she already knew, which was a step ahead of me as I had no idea how to respond to any of it. I saw Carlisle sit down in a chair near the fire, Esme massaging his shoulders as he placed his head in his hands and it didn't take an empath to realize that he was again feeling guilty that he wasn't able to save Margaret's mother and Alice's apparent biological niece that day. I looked back to see Alice still staring at me before Emmett spoke up.

"So maybe.....maybe it is a gift. Like a family trait passed down or something? Or just a one off vision letting her see how her family died." (Em)

"You're not thinking of telling her about this are you Alice?!?" (R)

"That wouldn't be up to me Rose, that would be up to Jasper. She's his mate." (A)

"And a human!" (R)

"And my niece!" (A)

I sighed as I heard the all too familiar argument begin again before I sprinted from the house. I was looking out at the small river rushing by me on the boulder I was sitting on, having been here for at least ten minutes, when Alice found me. She was always finding me it seemed, since the first time we met in that diner that rainy day in the city. Now I'm wondering if there wasn't more to the reason she found it necessary to find me before finding our family and her mate.

"Jazz, you ok?" (A)

"Yeah, I think so just thinking. I'm happy you finally found out about yourself, even if I don't know what to make of your relation to Margaret." (J)

"Don't worry, I promise I won't say a word to her. She's your mate and only you can make the choice to ever tell her about any of this." (A)

"Thanks Alice." (J)

"Go to her, she's still awake working on a drawing. You should make her go to sleep. She needs it after all." (A)

I smiled as she kissed me gently on the cheek before disappearing from my side, no doubt still full of questions of her own that she needed to answer for herself. I soon found myself standing outside Margaret's window, her lamp still on at her desk and I saw that she was still working on a drawing. I knocked gently on her window, seeing her jump for a moment before she turned and smiled seeing it was me. I climbed in through the window, locking it in place behind me before I walked over to stand behind her and see what she was working on.

I saw a light blush cross her face but she let me look, and I smiled as I saw it was a picture of Alice sitting in the garden. She had apologized to both of us profusely the night after her nightmare, even though we both told her to forget about it. I knew though as I looked at this drawing, it was another way to apologize to Alice for 'waking' her up that night as well. I watched as she started putting her multiple charcoal pencils as I sat on her bed waiting now for her to join me, having already taken my shoes off.

"Darlin, you know you didn't have to do that for Alice, right?" (J)

"I wanted to J besides it hasn't taken me long." (M)

I smiled at the nickname she had given me, only having started using it the last few days, and hesitantly at first until she saw how much it made me smile. I watched her wipe her hands off with a white cloth, before she stripped out of her hoodie leaving her in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. She pulled her hair up into a messy bun before joining me on the bed, letting out a light giggle as I pulled her closer into my arms and captured her lips with a kiss. She pulled away after a few seconds, a smile still etched on her face.

"Is Alice back from visiting her cousins?" (M)

"She is, and she said she would see you tomorrow. But it's now nearly one in the morning and time for bed I think." (J)

I saw her stifle a yawn before she laughed and nodded in agreement, getting up only to turn off the lamp and return to the bed laying down next to me. I wrapped her in my arms, smiling as she snuggled closer to my chest. She was quiet for a few moments before I heard her whisper a 'goodnight,' one that I returned just as quietly as I heard her fall asleep in my arms. My mind was wheeling with thoughts of how or even if to tell her and I finally arrived at the conclusion that I didn't need to tell her just yet.