11| clueless

ON THE NIGHT OF HALLOWEEN, they prepared for the party (which, besides stocking up the myriad of alcohol bottles and smuggling in a few joints from their local dealer, didn't take up most of their time). The party took place in Finn's aunts house in Hartford, not too far off from campus.

   "Did you book the red room's private area?" Colin asked as he adjusted his Beetlejuice costume. "And did you get the keg?"

    "Done and done, stop worrying so much."

   Logan's circle had a tendency to ditch their own party for a more secluded gathering. The habit started off when they were almost busted for having marijuana and other illicit drugs in their party, which is when they decided to leave the fun stuff for the afterparty with their trusted friends and occasional lucky picks from the crowd. But it being Halloween, Logan had a feeling he might want to stick around the bigger crowd instead.

Finn was on the table writing down the list of names he would give the club's bouncer. "Robert— in or out?"

    "In."

    He scribbled it down on the paper and nodded. "Taylor?"

    "In." Mark responded.

    "Rory?"

    They all turned to Logan to answer this one. "In." He decided. "If she'll have us. So the whole council will be at the afterparty?"

    "Well, everyone but Audrey."

"She's not on the list?" Logan attempted for it to come out in a smooth, nonchalant manner, like he didn't care much for the answer. But in his place, his eyes peered to his friend ever so slightly, showing the depth the question weighed on him.

"Well, she's the reason we won, but we assumed you wouldn't want her there." Colin fiddled with the list, annotating the adjustments to the guest list. "Why, do you want her to be on the list?"

Logan shrugged coolly. "Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world."

    "Okay, Miss Americana—" Colin hastily wrote down on the yellow notepad with more concentration than necessary. "And done. What about what's her face— the tall one Finn mistook for Celine Dion? Molly— no, Monica Lulula?"

    "Monica Lu? She has no ass or tits." Mike Roberts stated loudly in his rough, husky voice. He was one the few part attendees that didn't attend Yale, but a Connecticut state college majoring in art history. He's Colin's cousin, twice removed, and was generally a pain in the ass to Logan. "A carpenter's dream, as they call it."

    Logan's jaw tightened, his already heightened impatience towards the man intensifying. "You do know we're not inviting the women based on who has the best rack, right?"

    "Then why else would you invite that Wilde girl—?"

    Colin's eye darted up to Logan warily. "Alright, gentlemen, that's enough. Didn't we put a ten word exchange maximum for the two of you after what happened last time?" He patted his friend on the back charily. His grip on him was still firm, disinclined to let go in fear of what Logan might do to Mike. Or rather, in fear of what Mike would do in response to Logan's actions, considering Mike was considerably better built than Logan. "Hey, Mike, don't you think you should go downstairs to enjoy the party?"

"Yeah, whatever."

    When the two walked out the room, Finn stepped up from his seat. "Well, what do you think we should do for tonight? Another reenactment of the passion of the christ?"