6| moonstruck

"THE BLINDFOLD IS A LITTLE UNNECESSARY, don't you think?" Audrey huffed, handing who she assumed to be Colin her tote bag with all the items she'll need for the night. A hand clutched onto her hands, helping her into the car. She heard Rory behind her let out a yelp when she almost tripped before entering the car.

    "It's all necessary, Woods."

    "Ah!" She heard Finn exclaim from behind her. "Not so loud!"

    Audrey heard Taylor Kingsley's voice from the front speak pointedly with saying;  "You're very auditory sensitive today."  

    "Oh, and your voice helps." Finn uttered sarcastically. "Is the blindfold secure?"

    "Secure and in place." Logan shot back.

    "Our anonymity is crucial, Logan." Colin said acridly. Audrey wished her blindfold wasn't on so she could express her feelings through a good old fashioned eye roll. "We had to leave at this ungodly hour."

    "It's four in the afternoon." Rory pointed out.

    "He has a thing about the sun."

    "It's too bright." Colin deadpanned.

     "Is the whole sophomore council in this car?" Rory realised.

"Great job with the blindfold, Logan." Taylor's voice was ripe of sarcasm.

"I recognised your voices." When she felt the car start to move, Rory asked; "Can we take the blindfold off now?"

    "You can't know the destination." Taylor replied.

"It's across the lake from the Winston Lakehouse Resorts." Audrey said blatantly. A wave of groans escaped the four life and death brigade members in the car.

    "Jesus, Wilde."

    "How'd you know?" Rory inquired.

    "Logan, how'd she know?" Finn repeated more warily.

    "Looks like Wilde has been stalking us." He huffed, untying the blindfolds from the two girls. "Well, I guess there's no need for blindfolds now that you totally exposed our super secret location."

     Audrey squinted her eyes at the abrupt change from darkness to brightness. Colin was right, it was bright. She turned to Logan, arching an eyebrow. "I think you four forget my father was a part of your society, and you haven't changed your location in, what? Forty years?"

    "Fifty-two."

    Rory squinted her eyes, cupping a hand over her head to block the sunshine from her view. "So your dad was in the society? But wouldn't that make you a legacy? How come you aren't a member?"

    Audrey didn't respond, only shrugged her shoulders, and Logan took it on himself to answer for her. "Have you ever heard of the guilty rich? Wilde, here, is the guiltiest, and the most stubborn." Logan elaborated. "We tried to get her into the society, and she refused—"

    "Only because you only wanted me because i'm a legacy."

    "Well, that's kind of how it works."

    "It's elitist."

    "It's tradition that happens to be exclusive to the founding families." Logan brushed off with a shrug. She guessed he knew the irony in that. "Oh, and did I mention this is an overnight thing?"

    Audrey shot her head to him. "What?" She glanced at Rory, who didn't seem at all surprised. "Must've slipped your mind."

    "You didn't tell her?" Rory asked.