4| 10 things i hate about you

THE FIRST STAGE CONSISTED of the two roaming the board room in search of a way out. To their dismay, they did not find an exit. The closest thing— but probably the most eccentric, would be to knock the door down, although Audrey was hesitant to break university property. The second stage was desperation. Audrey stared persistently on the windows. "I'll do it, i'll jump."

"We're on the third floor, Wilde."

    It was no worse than being stuck in a room with Logan Huntzberger— that was the worst punishment of all. "Do you know why I dislike you, Huntzberger?" She asked out the blue, deep in thought as she gaped at him from afar.

    "My insufferable charm and wit?"

    "If by charm and wit you mean carelessness and narcissism, sure." Her words shot to kill, she knew he was self aware of this, but she wanted the contentment of him admitting it. "You don't care about being class president, you're just here for the picture and to honour your dad's name."

Logan didn't deny it, he couldn't. "So what if I am? You can't impeach me if you tried, hell— I can't quit if I wanted to, so you're stuck with me." Then, a note slipped underneath the door. Audrey knelt to the ground to pick up the paper. She read it with alacrity, handing it to Logan with a groan.

    She waited for him to finish reading for her to say; "This has Rory written all over it

She waited for him to finish reading for her to say; "This has Rory written all over it."

"I don't know, it sounds like something Collin would think of." Logan drew in a breath, weighing their options. "They're right, we can't do this for the rest of the year if we can't even tolerate each other— although that's more you than me."

Audrey could resist, but it would merely be a waste of time. Perhaps it would be better to speed up the process. But how? No conversation between her and Logan had ever been civilised, so maybe they should start from scratch. Then it hit her; she recalled the psychology elective she took last year, and a certain method that might apply to this situation. "Okay, I give. I think I might know a trick that will do."

He turned to her, curious. "You do?"

    "There's this method I learned about when I took psychology and communication as an elective," She watched him roll her eyes, and sent him a glare in return. It took her a moment before she continued. "You say ten things you hate about the other person, but you have to also say ten things you like about them."

    "This sounds a lot like you making something up for the sake of ranting about why you hate me so much."

    "I don't hate you, alright? I just strongly dislike you, there's a difference." This isn't hate, but god, was is it close. "And I tried this on Paris and Rory when they were having a big fight and stopped talking to each other, and it worked, so do you have any better idea?"