10.

Clarence House, London

July 2009

After rumours of a reconciliation between Princess Alice and Edward, Marquess of Dorset, Her Royal Highness was seen today arriving at Wimbledon with William Colfield, son and heir of real estate millionaire Harris Colfield

The Princess and Mr Colfield arrived discreetly and sat in the Royal Box, next to the Duke of Kent, to watch the first match of the championship. Alice and William seemed close as they talked and exchanged glances throughout the match. The Duke of Kent, who was sat to the Princess' right, seemed neutral to the presence of Mr Colfield, but greeted him as they arrived and before they left. 

It is unclear if the duo are a couple, and if so for how long they have been together. However, it is clear to say the public is divided! Many believe the Princess deserves to move on and be happy with a decent English man who loves her, while others clearly prefer a certain Marquess of Dorset. 

Princess Alice and Edward, Marquess of Dorset dated for two years, after the Princess confirmed her relationship during the Christmas walkabout at Sandringham, stating that she was "over the moon, and happy to have been able to keep her relationship quiet for a few months." 

The relationship seemed to turn sour, however, when during the Remembrance Service at the Cenotaph she could be seen clearing away tears. The end of the relationship was confirmed by the princess' stepmother, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, during one of the latter's engagements during the following week. 

The Princess, who graduated with honours and in a ceremony full of esteemed guests this past May, is set to make her debut as a senior working royal this autumn.

- The Daily Mail 

"I mean, it ought to come out one day or another. You've been together for six months now." Lady Arabella says, extending the newspapers to her friend and sitting down on the end of the princess' bed. "And they were actually nice, for once."

"Yeah, well, they still didn't get permission. Papa wants to sue, Camilla stopped him last night. Don't know how long the Palace can deny." 

"Probably not long." The Princess lets out a sigh and buries her face between her duvet, immediately regretting it as she feels another round of coughs coming in. "I mean, it is true, Alice."

A long round of coughing interrupts the conversation and makes the princess bend over the bed, feeling like her lungs were going to just come out through her mouth. After a few minutes Bella extends a fresh cup of tea to her friend. 

"I don't even know how I got this sick."

"It could be heat stroke, or just a chill. You don't have a fever, which is good."

"How are the studies going?"

"Well enough, I guess. Still have my masters and the bar. But just one more year and I will become a full-fledged barrister."

"I'm so proud of you! You're growing up." The Princess clears away nonexistent tears as her friend laughs and rolls her eyes. However, after a few seconds of silence Alice takes a deep breath and finally opens her mouth again. "I'm afraid, Bella."

"Of what?"

Alice had, in Arabella's opinion, the bad habit of the Windsors, of keeping everything to themselves and carrying the moto "Never complain; never explain" a little bit too seriously. Alice never said what was worrying her, and if she did it was often more serious than the young royal could ever admit. So when her friend admitted she was worried over something Arabella dropped everything and listened. 

"Of being like my mother." 

"Lily, you're not like your mother." The lady scooted over nearer her friend and took the sick girl's hands into her own. "You may have a few of her traits, and be similar to her in appearance, but you are your own person. And you are going to be an amazing royal, just like you have always been."

"I love her, and I miss her, deeply. But I have so much to do and I don't want to worry I have to live up to her standards." 

"You don't. And if people can't see the amazing, wonderful, and beautiful person and soul you are they are all fools. Fools I say." 

The princess lets out a small giggle and looks away, fixing her stare on her nightstand, more specifically the photograph of her and her mother they had taken during Mother's Day. The last Mother's Day Alice spent with her mother. 

"I think she would be proud." 

"Of course she would, Lily." 

"Do you want to watch 'Princess Diaries'?" The Princess asks, breaking the stare and looking back at her friend with a kind smile, although Bella could see she was a little sad with the memories that came flooding her mind.

"You don't even have to ask!"