20.

Sandringham House, Norfolk

December 2012

PRINCESS ALICE'S EX BOYFRIEND, EDWARD, MARQUESS OF DORSET, FILES FOR DIVORCE FROM WIFE ANASTACIA AFTER JUST 8 MONTHS OF MARRIAGE

The news were announced by the Duke of Suffolk's spokesperson just after eight pm last night that Edward, Marquess of Dorset, 30, and Anastacia, Marchioness of Dorset, 21, have come to an agreement that their marriage has come to an end and that they will be starting divorce proceedings immediately. These news comes just a few days after Princess Alice made her debut at the Remembrance weekend, and just a few days before the Marquess of Dorset's own birthday. 

It is unknown if the Princess was aware of the couple's intention to divorce, however, she was seen having dinner with the Duke of Suffolk in London at the end of October, so maybe the Duke informed her of the news. 

The spokesperson also informed the media that the couple have been separated for a couple of months now and that this wasn't a decision they made lightly. The statement ended with the Marquess wishing the Marchioness all the happiness as they begin the process to officially part ways. 

The Daily Mail contacted the Marquess' attorney who declined to comment on the divorce proceedings but did say that it should be swift since both parties are in agreement on the decisions that will be made. We can also imagine that he was also the lawyer of wrote the couple's prenuptial agreement, which means there won't be much left to decide upon. 

The couple lived with the 10th Duke of Suffolk at Clare Hall, in Dorset, for the majority of the year, spending a few months of the summer at the Duke's two other residences in Andover and Suffolk; they also spent a month in London during the month of June and were photographed together around the capital. And maybe this was also something that put a strain in their relationship, after all the Marchioness had said before how much she loved her life in the capital.

The Daily Mail also approached the Marchioness' family for comment but hasn't received a response. The Daily Mail approached the Palace for comment over the Marquess and Marchioness' divorce; the Palace informed the Daily Mail that "although we feel sad to see Duke of Cambridge's friend's marriage coming to an end, this situation has nothing to do with the Royal Family and we won't comment on something that we have no authority over, however, the Royal Family wishes the Marquess and Marchioness all the luck on their journeys." Upon questioned if the Marquess and Princess Alice had rekindled their relationship the Palace's spokesperson simply said that "Princess Alice's relationships are private and the princess intends to keep it that way. Nonetheless, I was asked to reaffirm to the press that Princess Alice is single."

That puts an end to the speculation on the matter of the Marquess of Dorset and Princess Alice's relationship. We don't know how possible it is for the noble and the princess to rekindle their relationship, however, we do know that the couple would have many supporters if they did decide to continue their relationship.