31.

Buckingham Palace, London

May 2013

PRINCESS ALICE SPOTTED LEAVING A FRIEND'S WEDDING WITH LORD COURTENAY

Princess Alice, 26, was spotted leaving the country estate late last night in the passenger seat of Frederick, 37, Lord Courtenay's car, with the aristocrat behind the wheel. 

The duo were attending the evening celebrations of mutual friends, after attending the ceremony earlier that same morning. The two arrived at the evening celebrations separately, however, the Daily Mail has acquired information that the two spent the afternoon together at the Princess' hotel and spent most of the evening together. 

The Princess was seen smiling as the photographers took photos of the car quickly leaving the scene, while Frederick was also smiling and looking over at Princess Alice. 

The Daily Mail has reached out to Clarence House for comment, however, they only commented that 'Princess Alice's private life is not up for speculation and deserves respect.' The editors have also reached out to the family of Lord Courtenay, who have declined to comment at this time. 

This is not the first time the Princess has been seen in the company of Lord Courtenay, as the duo were spotted together in early January, in London, leaving a restaurant in Westminster hand in hand in the late evening. The two were again seen out in London on Valentine's Day and again near the Easter holiday. Princess Alice has reportedly spent the winter break with Courtenay and his family at their country estate of Powderham Castle, as well as the easter break. 

It is reported that it was after the easter break that Princess Alice introduced her new beau to her father, the Prince of Wales, and the Duchess of Cornwall. Apparently the Princess has yet to introduce Lord Courtenay to the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, or either of her brothers, especially as the Duke of Cambridge is away in East Anglia and the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting the couple's first baby. 

- The Daily Mail 

Alice rolled her eyes as she read the headline on her phone, patiently waiting in her car for the gates of the Palace to open and for her to be allowed into her grandparent's home. Sometimes Alice couldn't believe her grandparents actually lived at the Palace, especially when people asked her about it, but she had grown up going there, attending every type of family event with a number of family members, so BP wasn't exactly a Palace as much as it was home, even though you had to be in your best behaviour when you visited. 

Frederick was seated beside her, looking out the window as the gates opened and the guards saluted as Alice's car made its was through the gates. She didn't normally take a chauffeured car over to the BP, specially not when she was now living so close, at her flat on St. James' Palace, but she felt like the occasion felt for it, specially as she would be able to calm Frederick down and not need to pay attention to the road at the same time, if need be. 

They were welcomed by her grandmother's equerry and taken to the Queen's audience room, which made even Alice a little nervous, as she had finally come to understand how serious the meeting would be. She had been the one to propose the meeting between her grandparents and Frederick, after all she wanted Frederick to be her partner, and she needed her grandparents permission, not just as the Monarch but also as family. 

Alice and Frederick were holding hands as they made their way inside the room, a deep curtsy and bow from both of them before Alice made her way to kiss cheeks with her grandmother and grandfather. After a few minutes they all sat down, Frederick beside Alice and the Duke beside the Queen, with Frederick clearly the more nervous of all of them.

"So this is the Courtenay we've been hearing so much about?" The Duke asks, making Frederick's cheeks grow a little redder as he nods along. 

"Yes, grandpa." 

"We know your father, dear. Very nice gentleman."

"Yes, he did mention it." Frederick looks over at Alice, who smiles at him. "Made me promise to behave." 

"Oh but you seem like a nice lad, right, Lily?"

"Yes, grandpa, very nice. The best."

There's an exchange of glances between the couple that was so quick an untrained eye wouldn't have noticed, grandparents, however, quickly noticed the happiness emanating from their granddaughter and her chosen lover. 

The Queen could ask as many questions as she liked, and she did, and the Duke could play his tough game, which he also played, but there was nothing they hadn't noticed the moment Alice and Frederick walked into the room; the two were as deeply in love as Philip and Elizabeth still were after so many years of marriage. Frederick was a perfect gentleman, he came from a good family, and he would be a wonderful addition to their family, of that Elizabeth and Philip were sure. 

As the meeting came to an end and Frederick and Alice made their way out of the room, Elizabeth took Alice's hand, smiling at her granddaughter, who was beaming with happiness and love. Something Elizabeth hadn't seen so many years in her granddaughter, and something she wasn't going to impede. 

"You have my blessing, Lily, darling."

"Really, granny?" 

"Yes. When you think is the right time, Frederick can come and ask properly, of course. But you have my blessing." Alice felt her eyes fill with tears as Elizabeth rested her hand on Alice's cheek. "I'm happy if you are happy, dear. Your happiness is all that matters."

Alice nodded before kissing her grandmother's cheek and saying her final goodbye to her grandparents, walking out arm in arm with Frederick, the man she had found happiness with once again.