Responsible Adults in Relationships

"Anthony Edward Stark!"

"Ooh- he's using the full name..."

"Rhodey? Why are you on this?" Tony asked, pausing as he was about to close the video conference.

"Accountability." Rhodes replied.

Nick Fury settled in front of his camera, staring at the billionaire with irritation. "You apparently aren't going to listen to me unless we get your friends involved, I assumed James might keep you on the line long enough to listen."

"Well, James, are you going to keep my in line?"

"I might, Anthony."

Fury decided that he had his target thoroughly ensnared and got down to business. "Those were thee inter-dimensional strangers. They were SHIELD jurisdiction, we were to assess the threat level and hold them until they could be sent back."

"Counter point: they're babies." Tony replied. "I'm in the right here, Rhodes! They're kids."

"They are?"

"Yeah! One of then is like two years younger than Pete"

"Well then why am I not on your side?" Rhodey asked.

"James!" Fury said, frustrated.

"Nat, Capt'n Crunch, and Bird 2.0 busted them out! You know, and Thor..." Tony listed. "Even my boyfriend's husband wishes he'd been there."

Rhodey and Fury's eyes rolled, giving exactly the reactions he'd wanted. "Chist, We've been over this, Don't call captain America your boyfriend if you aren't dating."

"Yeah, you're both engaged to different people." Rhodey sighed. "Not that I want to spare his husband's feelings, but for Pepper's sake."

"Pepper doesn't mind!"

"Sure she doesn't." Fury muttered.

"Hey! Who's this call about anyways!?" Tony sounded more defensive than was cool.

"You, stealing three ultraterrastrial children from us."

"Oh. Never mind then."

"Anthony Stark, You'd better not end this meeting I will call your fiancé!"

"Yes, Dad." He groaned sarcastically. "To be fair, you stole them from us first."

"We had to because you took them home with you when the situation was SHIELD's jurisdiction. You were never supposed to take them- Stark! you're on screen share, I can see that you're asking Natasha to unplug your Ethernet."

"Pshht, I don't know what to tell you, patchy. Your murder-child likes the kids more than me."

"I feel like I'm intruding, should I go?" Rhodes asked. "You both clearly have things to talk about."

"No!" Both men shouted.

"You're the moderator here."

"You're supposed to be helping me, Rhodes!"

******

"So Shuri, right. The princess of this country called Wakanda. Do you have wakanda?"

"Nope." Dick replied. "You have paradise Island?"

"...no? I mean, we only discovered Wakanda recently because they were disguised to avoid being colonized. But now they've reviled themselves, and the king- he's so cool. He's a hero called Black Panther. And his sister is so cool too..."

"Paradise island houses the greek amazons." Roy said. "One of them, a princess, came to America, gained powers, and fights crime as Wonder Woman."

"She is SOO AWESOME!" Wally explained