Reunited

-I'm Home from my dreadful trip! The highlight was probably secretly stealing and chugging a can of beer in 1 minute and then managing to get through a whole dinner with my grandparents-

"You're right." Natasha, the redheaded woman,  said. "That is unbelievable."

"But if that isn't true, where would someone like me get a suit like that?"

Natasha looked away. "There are places that would train someone your age to to work for them."

"Well that's not where I'm from." Dick assured. "Judging from past experience, I've likely been shoved into  another earth." 

Nat looked at him quizzically. "Like, a different timeline?"

"Yeah! Like, I'm from a timeline where your team- what do you call yourselves?"

"The Avengers?"

"Yeah! I'm my timeline, you guys don't exist. In this timeline, I don't exist. Well, I guess I do now?"

"These timelines sound fragile."

"Oh, they are." Dick assured. "They get literally punched in half all the time. And the general public doesn't know it, but they've apparently been re-written, like, fourteen times."

Nat nodded like she really wanted to believe him. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good." Dick wanted to keep talking to her. He didn't know how, but every time she looked at him, it made him want to spill all his secrets. "I think Blondie forgot my water?"

"I'll bring you a bottle."

"Can't I do it? I'm not hurt, I can stand!" Dick rolled off the bed. It was higher than he expected. His legs collapsed under him.

"STOP" she caught him, inches from the floor. She was a lot stronger than she looked. She replaced him on the gurney. "Stay put."

"No, I'm fine!" Dick argued. "Please, let me Move! My muscles will atrophy if I stay here any longer!"

"You've been here four hours." Nat stated. "I'll get you your drink."

"can't I at least walk around a little?" Dick begged.

"I'll have Steve walk you to a common room and back. That's it."

"Thank you!" He smiled a little, this is the closest he'll get to an escape.

"Let me get you some clothes first." She looked him up and down. 

For the first time, Dick realized he was in a medical robe. "Can I have my suit back?"

"No." She replied. "It's being scanned for potential hazards."

"Potential? EVERYTHING in there is a hazard. That's why I wear it."

She nodded slowly. "I'm getting you clothes. If you move, the system will inform me immediately." She locked the door behind her.

————————————————POV SWAP—————-——————————

"Captain, did you... forget something?" Nat leaned on the back of the couch, holding an armful of Peter's spare clothes. 

Steve thought for a second and quickly set down his coffee. "I was going to get the kid water."

She nodded. "There's one thing I know for sure; he really believes what he's telling us. Whether that's true or not, I'm not sure."

"The Black Widow? Unsure?" Clint chided.