Out in The City

-everything Team Starkid said about Mike's Hard Lemonade is ABSOLUTELY true-

"I'm sorry. I fell for their-" Peter gulped silently. "Sorry."

"No, they tricked you." Tony growled. That Robin kid was good, He'd been in a locked room with my technology, but had managed to find and hack into Tony's  phone and send a convincing message. Natasha was right, maybe they should be taking these kids as bigger threats.

Then again, they were kids from another universe stranded in New York city in... conspicuous outfits. How hard could they be to find?

"So what's the plan?" Clint asked after a while. "wait  them out until they slip up?"

Nat shook her head. "They're too smart for that. With their combined skills they'll be able to access food, new clothing.. They'll be impossible to locate.

"Natasha's right." Steve finally wrestled a map from a cabinet (Paper map, because he's super old), and spread it across the table, which already had a holo-map built in. "We'll have to smoke them out ourselves." He began running a pencil lightly over the map. "We'll all search  different place in the city. Call in the others. Sam will search north, Nat North-west, Clint west, Thor stays here, I have South-west, Tony South..."

"What can I do?" Bruce asked. He was not going to force the Hulk out to find those kids, it would be far too destructive.

Tony decided that Steve shouldn't have all the fun of bossing people around. "You and Pete set up in the computer lab. Check security cameras, make sure they aren't on any transit out of the city."

"What? No, I could come and help you guys-" Peter started, he wanted to make up for having been tricked.

"No, that didn't go too well for us last time." Tony replied. Surprisingly, Natasha of all people agreed.

"He's right, we can't pit teenagers against each other. The risk is too high."

"Come on, let's try to catch them early, before they blend into the city too much." Bruce invited.

"Fine." Peter followed him. "There are too many cameras in New York for us alone. I'm gonna call Ned."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This place is... loud." Dick observed. It was close to  six 'o' clock, and they seemed to be towards the end of rush hour. It was way too public to be out dressed as a superhero. The three were hiding in a grimy alleyway.

"Aw man..."

"What?" Roy asked desperately. The poor guy was overwhelmed with the responsibility of taking care of these two, escaping a team of superheroes and desperately trying to think of a way back to their universe.

"Oh, nothing." Wally assured. "They took the emergency bars from my suit."

Roy nodded. "We need food. But it's dinner rush, the restaurants are too full."

"We need clothes too." Dick agreed. "Anyone who sees us is either going to call CPS, or those hero freaks we're running from."

"We need money first, and then clothes. Once we have clothes, we can sneak around easily." Roy instructed. "Do you have anything?"

Dick sifted through the money pouch in his utility belt. "Not much."

"Enough for hoodies and pants?" 

Dick shrugged. "If we can find a Walmart, and sneak into that Walmart..."

Roy sighed. "It's our best chance. C'mon, let's get going."