Questioning

-I'm currently watching Roman Holiday (God bless Audrey Hepburn) with my grandparents, and one of the makeup designers was named 'Wally Westford'. I thought you should know that-

Dick furrowed his brow at the man "Uh, I dunno, the beard says Megamind..."

"A wise guy, huh?" The guy with the stupid goatee drew up a chair sassily.

"It clearly takes one to know one..." Dick groaned, sitting up. His back crackled like a bowl of Rice Crispies.

"And you say that you really don't know who I am?"

"Stop being recognition thirsty, I don't know who you are." Dick was getting sick of this guy, he reminded him of the worst qualities of the billionaires Bruce work with. He was like if Oliver Queen wasn't fun to be around. "Where am I?"

"That would be The Avengers Tower." The guy said smugly, like he were talking about the watchtower.

"Is that supposed to mean something... where am I?" Dick was really fed up with this.

The guy didn't seem so excited that Dick didn't recognize the title 'Avengers Tower'. "You mean New York?"

Dick was getting frustrated with this guys answers, and it seemed like the feeling was mutual.

Just then the door opened, and a large, very strong looking blond man entered. The guy reminded him of a blond Superman, and had a jawline that could cut glass. Dick was just admiring this when the man spoke.

"Awake?"

"Oh, very observant." Beard guy snarked. "You've still got 20/20 even in your old age, huh?"

Dick was just confused, and was starting to get scared, not that he'd let them see that. For now he just had to keep his cool...

"Seriously, WHAT'S GOING ON!?"

Blond guy came closer and bent over to try and comfort him. "Alright, son, my name in Steve Rogers, and I need you to calm down for a minute, so we can ask you a few questions."

Dick nodded. "Right, right, yeah..." he sat back, confused. There was a lot to unpack in the last ten minutes, but he'd rather just throw away the whole suitcase.

"What's your name?"

Beard guy cut him off. "His name is Robin, he won't give us a last name and refuses to take off his mask."

"Let him speak for himself, Tony." Steve said. 

Dick thought to himself that all men named Tony were the worst. Then that made him sad, so he just spoke up. "I am Robin. It's my hero name."

"Hero name?" The asshole, Tony, snorted.

"What do you mean by that?" Steve asked.

Okay. Dick was getting more and more weirded out by the second. "You know, Robin? Boy Wonder? Gotham city? Batman's protege?"

"Who?"

"Batman! Dark knight? Defender of Gotham? A founding member of the Justice League, is NONE of this getting through to you?" 

They looked at him like he was crazy.

"Well, working for an imaginary superhero is one of the more creative excuses I've heard for sneaking out of the house..."

"I'm not lying!" Dick insisted. "Gotham city!"

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, is there any place called 'Gotham city'?"

There was a slight chime, like an Alexa going off, and a female voice replied: "There's no city on record under the name: Gotham."

Tony looked down at him, then up at the blond man. "Stay with him, I'm going to find the closest thing we have to a child psychiatrist."

"I'm not crazy!" Dick practically screamed. He didn't like this city he'd never heard of, he definitely didn't like these people he'd never heard of, and he wanted to go home and Have Bruce and Alfred assure him he was alright. But fist, he had to get home...

"Stay with him." Tony said. "I think you'll get on."

————————————————POV SWAP—————-——————————

"Kid's either crazy or on something I've never heard of." Tony stated. "And I've tried t all."

"He's a child." The redheaded woman stated tiredly. It was WAY too early for all this. "He probably told a few white lies, and has wandered out of his depth. He'll keep lying to save face or risk telling the truth and feeling humiliated."

"And you think we might be able to crack him?"

"You mean will I be able too? I'll do my best."

"Just aim for his parent's phone number or address."

Nat nodded. "What has happened to the other two?"

Bruce rubbed dust from his eyes, rejoining the conversation. "the tall one,  just keeps demanding his lawyers, people named Queen, and Wayne, and... there was another..."

"Let me guess, nothing gave up in the system?"

"No. Did you have any luck?"

Clint had his exhausted head in his hands. "Mine has been singing Teen Beach Movie for twenty minutes straight, and refuses to answer any questions."

"You earn in death what you were in life." Tony snorted.

"That's why you got the dramatic, stubborn one?"

————————————————POV SWAP—————-——————————

"Do you know where your folks live?" Steve, the buff blond guy, spoke to him like a little kid. "Do you know what the address is?l

"I can't tell you where my parents are." Dick tried to speak calmly.

"Do you know the name of where you go to school?" 

Dick was fed up with being talked to like a 3rd grader. SERIOUSLY, this guy spoke like he was an old grandfather, even though He looked about Bruce's age, maybe even younger.

"I can't tell you any of this."

"Why's that?"

"Well, if I go around telling Everyone my home address and name,  then my hero days would be over-or numbered at least. That's why I have a mask."

"Right, hero." Steve nodded. "You've been a hero a long time?"

Dick could tell that the man was kidding him. "Since I was Nine."

"Nine? that's a long time." He said, clearly not believing a word. "That is... two years?"

Dick cringed. "Five years ago."

"You know, thirteen is pretty young for a hero..."

Dick pouted, the number of times he'd heard that... "how old are you?"

Steve shook his head. "Nat will be in here in a moment?"

"The closest thing you have to a child psychiatrist?" Dick asked.

"Something like that. I'm going to get a cup of coffee. Do you need anything, son?"

"Just water. No drugs in it, I'll be able to tell."

Steve gave a stiff smile and nodded, leaving.

Shortly, a woman with red hair, in all black sweat suit, looking somewhat worn out entered. She looked a little bit like Black Canary.

"Are you 'Nat'?" Dick asked, fixing his posture again. 

"My name is Natasha." She replied.

"And you're here because they think I'm crazy."

"Yes." Well, at least she didn't sugarcoat it. "I want to hear your story first."

"Well, if you aren't sure I'm crazy, what I'm about to say will probably convince you..."