Shopping

-Motivation? I don't know her.-

"Okay, just, zip in there, grab the shit, zip out, and we're golden." Roy ordered.

"Well, Zip in, grab the stuff, pay for it, and zip out." Dick said, pulling out a few twenties. "We need one outfit for you, one for me, and one for Roy. Also snacks, as many as you can afford, and a backpack for out costumes and weapons."

"Okay, this is a lot, can you write it down?" Wally asked.

Roy was pacing impatiently. They were in a surveillance state, they couldn't walk ten feet without being on camera. and from what they'd seen of that Tony guy, he was probably already hooked up to every camera in the city. They couldn't very well stay in this gungy alley behind a Walmart loading bay!

He didn't know how he was supposed to care for these kids when he didn't even know the basic laws of this universe. All he knew was that he couldn't let them get taken to that 'Director Fury' guy that they'd mentioned.

"Wally, you can give them some money, but we need to ration." The eldest reasoned, divvying up the money. He passed Wally forty dollars and shoved the rest back into Robin's hand. 

"What if forty dollars aren't enough to buy everything?" Dick asked.

"...We aren't even from this universe. It's won't go on our non-existent records. Besides, we need to conserve the only hundred dollars we have. Wally, run in and grab a back pack, clothes, as much food and medical supplied as you can fit in a backpack, a lighter, and anything else we need that's easy to carry."

Wally looked up from noting this all down on a piece of scrap paper. "Okay... I'll be right back."

-------POV SWAP because I keep forgetting to clarify what these are-------

"Has your friend noticed anything?"

"Hmm? Oh, Ned? No, the set up I gave him hasn't recognized any of their faces." Peter answered casually, as if it were normal to program your best bro government level recognition systems.

"I just wonder when they'll come out..." Bruce muttered. They didn't have to do much work by eye, the computers would alert them if any of their faces showed up on camera.

Peter nodded a little, watching a screen lazily. He really wanted to find the escapees, to make up for loosing them.

Thor was low-key sulking in the corner. He was a little salty that he was ordered to stay at the tower while the other avengers (barre Bruce and Peter)  searched the city. According to Stark, he was 'too trusting' and 'too downright stupid' to be trusted searching New York.

He glanced over the thirty or so monitors that were set up, each flipping through a split screen of camera footage. Suddenly, something caught his eye.

"Peter- Child! Bruce Banner!"

"what?" Bruce answered vacantly, since his little escapade off earth, he'd learned to make Thor white noise.

"This!" Thor thrust his finger at one of the screens. Peter and Bruce squinted at it. 

It looked like a Walmart security camera. It looked like just a bunch of people shopping, then, the kid in the yellow costume clipped into view by one of the racks. He seemed to search it for a few seconds, and then grabbed a hoodie off the rack, and clipped out of sight again. The whole thing was so fast, you could've missed it in a blink. 

"There!" Perter pointed at another monitor showing feed from that Walmart. The kid reappeared by a different rack and searched it. 

"That one's the... Flash Kid! The one with the accelerated metabolism and superspeed!" Bruce exclaimed.

Peter nodded. "The cameras can't pick him up while he's running, only when he's stationary!"

Bruce hurried to the nearest comm and jammed the key. "Peter, Coordinates please." He leaned into the microphone. "We have a location, move in as quickly as possible."

-I have noticed that a surprisingly large percent of my demographic for this book is over 18, so to you in the USA I say.... VOTE VOTE VOTE! My rights depend on it-