2 Meeting Nanami

I got off the train and the station was full of people bustling around. I have never seen so many people in one place and it made me anxious. They were quickly walking, brushing past me, bumping into me and groaning when I didn't move out of their way quickly enough.

I started to get why my parents said Tokyo wasn't a good city, I was already starting to not like it. I took my bag and squeezed past the crowd of people to the outside of the station where this Nanami guy was supposed to meet me.

I took a seat on the bench that was right next to the exit of the station to be visible if he didn't notice me.

I watched the traffic that was cramming the road to pass time. Everywhere I looked something was moving, someone was talking and stuff was happening. I started to doubt my wish to come here. I didn't know if I could handle such a ruckus every day.

Suddenly something shielded my view and I looked up.

It was a tall man with blonde hair in a suit and weirdly shaped glasses. He didn't seem friendly so I quickly looked away to not anger him and mind my own business.

I looked at the ants that were running on the pavement around the bench. I still felt the shadow of the man looming over me.

Shit, what does he want? I hope he isn't here to mug me. Just act like he isn't there and he'll surely leave.

"Are you just going to sit there and act like I don't exist or come with me. I don't have much time to wait for you forever, kid." His voice sounded annoyed. I looked up with a confused expression.

"Ugh, so your parents plead me to train their daughter and when I say yes, the girl doesn't even acknowledge me." He scoffs. This lit up a lightbulb in my head and my head shot up again.

"Are...you...Mr. Nanami?" I ask. His eyebrows rise up in disbelief of my question and he sighs.

"Obviously so get up already." He said and started walking away. I quickly picked up my things and walked after him before I'd lose him in the busy crowd.

"My name is Y/N Mori (I found that Mori means 'forest' so I thought it was fitting because Y/N was brought up in a countryside) by the way. I don't know if my parents told you." I put out my hand to shake his.

He looked at me then at my hand.

"I'm Kento Nanami." He sighed out and continued walking.

We took a car ride to the outskirts where the school was located. It looked like the shrines we had in our village but bigger, way bigger. We exited the car and without a word walked into the building.

We entered a big door and walked in on some kid getting beat up by...plushies? He was getting it pretty bad and another glasses-guy was watching him with a content smile.

The boy suddenly fell with the angry plushie creature in front of me. I felt like I should help somehow so I touched the plushie and froze it for a few seconds.

The boy looked confused at his arms that were strangling the toy and let go. He stood up and sheepishly thanked me. Before I could give him a smile back the plushie awakened from the spell and whacked the boy on his head.

He hissed in pain and continued his fight with the creature.

"We should go, the principal is busy." Nanami motioned me to leave. While we were walking through the corridors I kept close behind him. I was still a bit shaken by all that happened since I arrived in Tokyo.

"Was that the principal? The one with glasses?" I asked. Nanami hummed in agreement.

"Why was he watching the poor boy get beat up?"

"It was something like an entrance exam." Nanami answered and looked at me. Upon seeing my terrified expression he added.

"But this exam doesn't apply to you. You will only sleep here, the teachers here won't teach you. Unfortunately, I will be the one teaching you." He said in a monotone.

So far from what I could make up from this guy, he really wasn't thrilled to teach me. I wonder what my parents did to make him agree if he's so against the idea.

"Here this is your dorm. Get settled in and this will be it for the day. I'll come for you tomorrow." He opened a door, waited for me to walk in and then left.

I was unpacking my stuff when I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I shouted.

The door slowly opened and a boy with dark hair peaked out. He looked tired and had a uniform on. He must be one of the students here. I should befriend him to know someone here my age.

"Hi." I waved at him with a smile. He stood there looking at me not saying a word. I almost thought I had froze him.

"Hi." He said quietly and started closing the door. I quickly stood up and ran to the door.

"Wait, wait!" I grabbed the door before he could close it.

"I'm new here and don't know anyone, could we maybe be friends?" I was a bit awkward in this because I didn't really have friends back home, I was the only kid upon kilometers away.

I was always by myself and my only friends were my dogs and sometimes the spirits that hung around our house. So my unconscious straightforwardness was a bit of a shocker to him.

Again he was silent for a second before he answered. He was probably thinking what was my deal asking him this head-on.

"Sure whatever. Come, I'll show you around." He turned around and slouchily walked through the corridor. He stopped at the next door and locked it. That must have been his dorm.

I'm glad that he has one next to me so I know where to go if I'll need anything.