15 Coincidence?

"What a coincidence right? Life is interesting..." He said dreamily. It was the same guy who gave me the fan from before. I shielded my eyes from the sun with my hand to see his face better. The same content smile was painting his lips.

I only managed to give a tired smile.

"So what made your eyes that way, it seems like you cried pretty badly." He sat down and handed me a tissue.

"Yeah, I found out that person who I thought I could trust, had been lying to me." I dried the few tears that formed in the corners of my eyes.

"I see...it seems that people often betray you. You shouldn't let them toy with you like that. You should get back at them to show them you aren't the one to toy with." He said in a calm tone.

I looked at him. His eyes seemed so kind. I noticed his scars again and thought that maybe people betrayed him before too and that's why he got those scars.

Maybe it will make me feel better to get back at those to have stepped on me. Maybe they wouldn't hurt me anymore if I was selfish for once and let them taste their own medicine.

I wasn't the type to get revenge but after what happened with Nanami, my feelings were all over the place and I was losing myself. Thinking how Nanami lied to me twice just like that, made me think what other things he had lied to me about. All that made me angry and paint revenge like a viable option.

"So what do you say, you want to be the one has upper hand for once? I will gladly help with that." He asked cheerfully.

I pondered again for a bit, thinking if I really wanted to do it.

I nodded.

The man's face lit up. "That's what I wanted to hear, let's go then." He jumped from the bench in excitement.

"Oh, and the name's Mahito." He put out his hand.

"I'm Y/N." I shook it.

I was getting my energy back. I felt better and started looking forward to my revenge.

I didn't know where we were going but I followed Mahito closely behind him. He seemed to be more excited about my revenge than I was.

The sun was setting now and I started ponder where I'd sleep. I didn't want to sleep at the school. Nanami would be there and even if he wasn't, everyone would ask about my sudden leave.

"Um, Mahito?" I asked anxiously.

"Yes? What is it, my little soul?" He said while still keeping our pace.

"I don't have anywhere to sleep, do you think I could-" I still didn't know Mahito much so asking him for a place to sleep seemed like wanting too much.

"You can sleep at my place. It isn't a five-star hotel but it'll do." He interrupted. From his carefree tone it didn't seem like it bothered him much. I thanked him and we continued on our walk.

"I hope you notice how generous I'm with you. So wanting to be paid back in one way or another, wouldn't be something crazy, right?" He looked back at me with a smile.

I nodded. I expected that I'd have to return the favor somehow, I just hoped it would be something normal like cleaning up his house or something.

He was right, his home wasn't a five-star hotel. Honestly, it was quite far from it. His sleeping place was located in an abandoned underground tunnel where he hung up some hammocks in a opening in the wall. Still, I was glad I didn't have to sleep on the cold ground.

"Well, make yourself at home. Tomorrow, we'll get your revenge." He jumped into his hammock and got comfortable.

I followed after and laid down in the 'bed'. I was so tired from today that I fell asleep right away.

*3rd POV*

"Is that her?" He pointed at Y/N's sleeping body. Mahito nodded.

"And you say her soul is perfect for our plan." The ma continued.

"Well, we're almost there. Just give me a bit of time and I'll get her soul where I need to." Mahito said with confidence.

The man nodded in content.

"She also has connections with those two sorcerers which gives us great advantage." Mahito said proudly.

"Oh, really? That's good to hear. I've had a feeling that those two would annoy us at some point so getting rid off them first would be a good move." He concluded.

The man moved closer to Y/N to see her better. He watched her for a while and then said. "Where did you find her by the way? She doesn't seem like someone who'd know anything about what sorcerers do." He remarked.

"I was surprised myself when I saw the blonde sorcerer look for her like his life depended on it. I saw him when we turned a corner to an alley. Originally, I was just looking for a soul to make my experiments on but seeing that she had something to do with that man made me more interested. I've watched her from that time on and found that in addition to that one sorcerer she knows the arrogant one too." The man intently listened to his friend's story. Y/N was a great luck that they had come about.