3 First training...kinda

The boy, Megumi, showed me yesterday where everything was around the school. He didn't tell me much about himself but he said that there were supposed to be two other first years. The one I had already met, it was the one that was losing a fight with a stuffed toy and some girl should come later.

I asked about their teacher and by the way he talked about him, he wasn't fond of him very much.

It was around eight in the morning now and was brushing my hair, waiting for Nanami to come. I didn't know when he'd come since he didn't tell me yesterday so I woke up early just to be sure.

Suddenly somebody knocked and before I could answer the door burst open. Is this Nanami? He didn't seem like the guy to come in unannounced.

"Good morning my underlings!" A guy which I immediately recognized as the one who I'd met when I was 15 shouted. The same white hair, suspiciously wide smile and a blindfold.

He teaches here? Is he the teacher Megumi was talking about? It would fit. 'An annoying, very loud and unpredictable'

His head moved from one spot to another like he was observing my room. I still didn't understand how he saw through that piece of cloth but I was too lazy to care.

"You didn't bring much kid." He remarked watching my bare room.

I was watching him and waited for an explanation of why he was in my room.

Suddenly he was pushed out of the doorway and Nanami appeared. Without his glasses he looked more welcoming.

"Hey! Why so harsh Nanami, you shouldn't treat your friend like that~." The guy whined.

Nanami ignored him and motioned to me. "Let's go." I quickly stood and went after him.

"What, where are you taking my student?" The white-haired guy shouted after us.

"She's not your student. And you would know that if you actually read the class papers." Nanami said loudly.

I looked back and forth between the two men and watched their strange interaction. One was calling the other a 'friend' and the other was acting like he didn't want anything to do with him.

We walked for a bit until we got on the edge of the forest.

"Okay, so there should be some curses in this forest so when one shows up, you kill it." He said nonchalantly like it was normal. I was looking at him taken aback by his command.

"What? Just do it when one shows up. There aren't any strong ones anyway so it should be easy for you." He stepped away from me and watched me.

Well, if he says it will be easy then maybe I could do it. Even though I didn't know how. I have never killed a spirit. I didn't know we were supposed to kill them.

I turned towards the forest and waited for something to show up. My eyes darted from one tree to another, looking for some movement.

Something rustled in the bushes so I focused on that spot. A small gremlin-like creature came out running towards me. It had sharp teeth and was clasping its jaw while running at me.

Oh, shit. I panicked and closed my eyes while waving my arms frantically around me.

When I felt my hand make contact with something, I opened my eyes hoping I hit the creature. When I opened them, they immediately got bigger from the scene I was met with.

Nanami stood frozen in front of me with the creature wiggling in his grasp. His eyes were angrily looking at me, sending daggers through me.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. Oh god. What have I done. I'm really sorry." I panicked waving my hands in an apologizing manner.

I really fucked up. This was supposed to be an opportunity to make a good first impression that I'm not some good-for-nothing but it turned in the worst way possible.

I spent few moments jumping around Nanami and apologizing profusely but then I gave up and sat down on the grass next to him. I knew the frozen state wouldn't leave for at least another two minutes so me frantically rotating around Nanami wouldn't help.

I tried to not think about it but I couldn't help but let few tears escape my eyes. I was looking forward to this for many years and now I didn't know if I didn't want to go back.

"I'm really sorry Mr., I hadn't killed any curse before and I panicked. Please don't tell that this happened to my parents. Since they let me go to Tokyo, I wanted to make them proud and this would ruin everything." My voice was shaking at the end.

I knew he couldn't talk but people could still hear under my spell so I knew he heard me.

When he unfroze, he immediately crushed the curse under his hands. He stretched the muscles that got tired from the position he was kept in.

"Ugh, this wasn't a good start." He sighed.

I was getting myself ready for the scolding.

"Listen, I won't tell your parents, I didn't plan on communicating with them anyway. That's your responsibility." My face lit up upon hearing that.

He brought his hand towards the bridge of his nose and squeezed it in frustration. "But you have to tell me beforehand if you didn't do something."

"Yes and I'm sorry about that Mr." Nanami nodded in acknowledgment. He looked into the distance for a minute like he was thinking and then turned to me.

"I guess we'll have to start from zero then. It will be a lot so pay attention and listen to my orders. I don't tolerate people who don't obey me." He said sternly.