17 The confession

Nanami started counting down with his finger taps.

3...2...1...

On one, I punched Mahito with my elbow in the stomach freezing him in the process which would give me enough time to get away from his reach.

Nanami didn't hesitate and ran up to Mahito swinging his sword. However, my freezing faded away quicker and Mahito dodged his weapon.

"Oh, so that's what those taps were, you were telling her to get away, I thought you were just nervous. You know-" Mahito laughed but his laugh was short-lived.

Nanami didn't let him finish and swiftly cut Mahito's arm off. Mahito looked down to the ground at his missing arm surprised. He chuckled while his arm slowly regrew.

"Nice try but it will take more than that to get rid of me." Mahito laughed.

"Oh, don't worry, I have plenty of time." Nanami growled.

I stood astonished on the side while they were fighting endlessly. Nanami did some good hits but with Mahito's shape-sifting ability it was hard to use his ratio technique precisely.

"How is he doing?" A voice said suddenly behind me.

I turned around to see Gojo with his hands casually in his pockets.

"Uh, I don't know. Mahito keeps shape-shifting so it's hard to hit him in the right spot." I said, still not taking my eyes of those two.

"You know that curse by name? Interesting, are you two friends or something?" He chuckled.

"No, no, no. He started talking to me first." I frantically waved my hands in front of me in apologetic manner.

"Okay then. If you excuse me, I'm going to get rid of that pesky curse." Gojo straightened up and walked towards them.

He pulled one hand out of his pocket and gave the curse a good punch in the face. Mahito flew a great distance into the forest, taking few more punches from the tree trunks that he hit on the way. Gojo said something Nanami to which he nodded and started walking towards me.

"Nanami are you okay? Is Gojo going to be okay, fighting him alone?" I asked worriedly.

"Don't worry about him, he's going to be fine." Nanami put his hand on my back and started leading me to the school. The walk was silent. He didn't talk and I didn't want to say anything because I was embarrassed for my dumbness, getting tricked by Mahito and bringing him here.

We got to my room and I sat down on my bed. Nanami closed the door and looked at me with blank look.

"Are you injured anywhere?" He asked in a monotone voice. I checked my arms and legs.

"No, I don't think so."

He sighed out.

"Okay, Y/N, let me ask you are you... ABSOLUTELY INSANE?! WHY WOULD YOU BRING A CURSE HERE AND WHY DID YOU EVEN KNOW HIM!" He started shouting which made me jump a bit in surprise and widen my eyes.

He looked scary being so angry. I wanted to say something but he kept talking and ultimately I didn't have a good reason for bringing Mahito here so I didn't want to answer.

"...YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING WORRIED I WAS ABOUT YOU. WHAT IF HE HAD KILLED YOU!" He was still shouting but his tone sounded more weak now. It seems like he was more scared of losing me than being angry at me.

He noticed my scared look and his features loosened up a bit. He walked towards me and crouched down to my level.

"...look, Y/N, I didn't mean to scare you but you know I was really worried. You know if someone you deeply care about runs away and you spent awake the whole night worrying if they're okay and..." His voice was now soft and his eyes were calm and looking directly into mine.

"You care about me that much?" I cut him off because I was to focused on the fact that I meant so much to him.

He was taken aback a bit by my sudden question but then immediately smiled fondly.

"Y/N, you mean more that much to me. You mean everything to me. You are perfect and I want to be with you. I love you Y/N." His rested his hands on my thighs and lovingly rubbed them with his thumbs while watching my eyes for any hint on my reaction. I sat stunned for a few seconds before my smile automatically widened and my eyes started sparking.

I leaned towards him and pulled him into a tight hug.

"I love you too Nanami. I love you so much!" I said excitedly into his neck. He reciprocated the hug and sighed out of relief.

"That was the sappiest I've ever seen you Nanami." The doors burst open with smiling Gojo. We both quickly let go of the hug.

"Oh, you don't have to hide. I've heard your whole speech Nanami. Talk about being a romantic." Gojo chuckled.

"Did you spy on us?" Nanami said irritated.

"I don't think that counts as spying. I came to tell you that that curse rather ran away than to fight me but you were in the middle of your speech and I didn't want interrupt so I waited...closely...behind the door to know when you finished." He said sheepishly.

My cheeks got red upon hearing that. Nanami pinched his nose in frustration and sighed.

"Gojo since you heard all of it and know the relationship between me and Y/N, I'm sure you're aware what problems it would cause if other people knew." Nanami said calmly but sternly.

"You know I don't have a problem with that, so I'll keep my mouth shut." Gojo metaphorically zipped up his mouth.

"Thank you." Nanami said and I followed with a quiet 'thank you' also.

Gojo turned to me and smiled at me.

"And Y/N just so you don't forget...I'm still willing to share."