9 Don't give into desire

It was already a week after my arrival and I was getting used the life here. Most of the days I'd spent training with Nanami and when he had to do some other stuff, I'd train with Gojo and his students.

I had built up my confidence in fighting and wouldn't hesitate so much when approaching a curse. The students all made good progress.

Even though Nanami was still such a perfectionist when it came to my training, he was now able to express more than one mood and praise me here and there for my hard work. He would also chuckle at some of my silly jokes but only when we were alone. He still maintained his stoic persona around others.

"Y/N, are you there? Can I come in?" Nanami knocked on my dorm door.

"Yes, sure." I shouted.

He entered with a box which had a cloth wrapped around it.

"I'm sorry to disturb you this late at night but your parents sent me a package for you." He put out the hand with the mysterious box.

My face lit up and I jumped from my bed.

"Really!" I said excitedly and snatched the box put of his hands. I quickly unwrapped the cloth and opened the box. It had a letter on top that was shielding a bunch of sweet pastries that my mom always used to make on special occasions.

I immediately put one pastry in my mouth and started reading the letter. Mom was writing about how the farm was and the animals there which put a smile on my face. Dad was apparently worried about me and contemplated if he shouldn't come bring me back.

I was so into the letter that I didn't notice that Nanami sat down next to me.

I got startled when I noticed him reading the letter over my shoulder.

"You got nice parents Y/N. You should cherish them." He said.

I gave him a smile and reached for the box of pastries.

"You want some? They're the best." I beamed.

He hesitantly took one and started eating it.

"Great, right?"

He nodded. I took another piece of pastry and started happily eating it and re-reading the letter to make sure ai didn't miss anything.

*3rd POV*

Nanami watched Y/N, while she read the letter with a smile on her face. He somehow couldn't help but observe every detail of her face. She was beautiful, perfect even. He didn't find anyone perfect, not even himself. So this was something he wasn't met with before.

He didn't know how to feel about it. He was supposed to train her, watch over her. He promised that to her parents. But now he wanted something more than just to be her guardian.

He loved watching the determination in her eyes when she practiced fighting him. Even though he corrected her many times, she didn't give up. Sometimes he'd correct her just to see that fire in her eyes again, make her sweat even more and push her to her limits.

The way she struggled beneath him when he pinned her to the floor while training. Her faint whines when she felt her muscles stretch over the pressure he'd put on her with his body. This all made his heart beat faster and his mind go wild.

He liked having that power over her. He knew she'd do anything to please him.

When she got pink in the cheeks every time he'd praise her and she'd do even better to get that praise again.

But this is where it ended for him. He was only her mentor after all. He knew this wasn't right. She came here to learn and not to be with someone like him. And he would do that, he would just train her and not let his desire get the best of him.

*Y/N POV*

"Nanami, sir? Are you okay?" I asked, smiling at him. He was looking at me with this weird look.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Just got a little distracted." He blinked few times to get back to reality.

"Don't worry about it. Do you want another pastry?" I asked handing him the sweet.

"No thank you. I should get going anyway." He cleared his throat and got up.

He went to the door and before he left he turned to me.

"Oh and Y/N? You're coming to the city with me tomorrow. Gojo has some other plans with his students so he can't watch over you." He announced and after he saw that I nodded he closed the door.