Part 17

i got a miya chinen throw pillow and i love it its so cute

Tonight was the night of ADAM's announcement. With as sketchy as ADAM was there was no telling what it could be about. All I knew is that it was big news for the S community.

The crowd for S tonight would be huge. Everyone would show up. But that wasn't my concern at the moment. My concern was that Reki hasn't been showing up and when he does, he isn't the same.

Reki hasn't even bother to show up for ADAM's announcement.

Miya and I were sitting next to eachother against the wall while Langa was on screen going at a dangerous speed.

I zoned out to Miya and Cherry talking about Langa. In the mean time my head landed on Miya's shoulder for comfort.

I had a feeling that I knew why Reki wasn't here but I wasn't gonna meddle with it.

"Y/n." Miya shakes me out of my trance.

"Mhmm?" I hum.

Miya pointed towards a helicopter in the sky with the word LOVE printed on the bottom of it.

Ew.

"He's here!"

"It's ADAM!"

"I've been waiting for this!"

The crowds jarring cheers were deafening. ADAM had a parachute attached to his back as he jumped from the helicopter.

Once he was close enough to the ground he released the parachute and did a trick off of one of the cylinders.

"I have brought all of you guys exciting news!" ADAM starts. "To determine the best out of all of us... A tournament!"

Everyone cheered even louder in excitement. People were already placing bets on who was gonna win.

"To determine whose the best..." Shadow mumbled.

This made Miya and I smirk. "Sounds good. This gets me all worked up."

"This ought to be fun." I say glancing at Miya.

While both me and Miya knew both of us could beat an opponent in skating we were both competitive when it came to potentially racing each other. We wouldn't all out fight or anything but we were still competitive.

"The first in 8 years." Joe says.

"I can finally fight." Cherry declared.

"So I can... race ADAM again."

"I have prepared an entry form." We all pulled out our phones and see tiny ADAM's littering the screen. "I'm certain you all will be participating as you all love skating. Of course I will be."

Time Skip

I was standing on the sidelines of Miya's skating practice. I was taking a break for a bit while Miya was dead set on learning and perfecting a few tricks.

After a few failed attempts I decided to go over and help him. He was getting frustrated and falling a lot.

"We might be at competition at the moment but please don't overwork yourself Miya." I say handing him a water bottle and lending him a hand. "I don't want you getting hurt."

Some of the interviewers and spectators were murmuring as Miya took my hand.

"Thanks Y/n. But I am so gonna beat you, you know I'm not doing this for fun right?" He smirked.

"Yea, you're doing it to win over someone else." I smirk.

"You know me best."

"Well I hate to break it to you but that someone isn't gonna be me. You won't win over me Miya Chinen."

His face contorts into a teasing smile. "Well then, I guess we'll see." He leans close to my face, almost to the point where our foreheads were touching.

"Aweee you're so cute when you try." I say kissing his cheek. "But either one of us will win or both of us will loose."

We both smirk and jolt back to complete ADAM's registration for the tournament.