𝟎𝟗| 𝟑𝟎𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓: 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐫𝐚𝐲. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦. Norman and Ray stood in the empty bedroom, having a staring contest of some sort.

     Ray smirked, "heh, are you serious? Cut it out."

     "Ray... you've realized, right?"

     "I set a trap for three people. I told Don it was behind my bed and Gilda was told it was in the second floor bathroom's ceiling. At least, that's what I told you. But I actually told Don the dining hall and I told Gilda the library. The rope behind my bed ended up being gone, so what about the other two spots? Should we go over and check them out?"

     Ray sighed, then flopped onto Norman's bed. He laughed, "Aw man, and here I thought I was doing so well. Yeah, you're right. I'm the one who's been spying for mom. So, what gave it away?"

     "It was when Sister first came to the house. I was disgusted with myself. I suspected you instantly, my own friend. It was really the worst case scenario. I wish that I had been wrong about it. Because you being the traitor would be quite problematic for us. But for the enemy, picking you was the obvious choice. You would be able to provide input to our plans which would be perfect for keeping control of the situation. You were the best one for the job."

     "Can't get anything past you. How embarrassing. I walked right into your little trap."

     "There's one more thing. You see, I have a feeling this isn't the first time you've done this."

     "If one of us suddenly started giving Mom tips, I doubt she'd be so trusting. Just how long have you been Mom's spy?"

     "For a while now. I can't remember when I wasn't her spy. Guess you could say I'm a sheepdog for a shepherd."

     "You knew about all of this and helped Mom out anyway?!"

     "Yeah."

     "Everything we've talked about. All the planning. It was nothing but a series of lies? How much have you been telling Mom? Can the trackers even be broken? "

     "What are you going to do with that info? Just gonna ditch me based on my answer?"

     "No, I won't. I want you to stay close, like you always have been. Isn't it great, Ray? You get to hide your mistake. You tried framing Don so you could keep spying on us, correct?"

     "Just tell me what you want."

     "Three things. One, you will continue to stay with us and promise to guarantee our safety. Two, I want you to share all the information you have. Three, flip to our side and become a spy for our team instead."

     "You're gonna use me as your trump card?"

     "Mhm!"

     "Are you an idiot? If that was your objective, then you should have kept quiet and use me. And when it was time to execute the plan and cast me aside. It would have been easy."

     "You're right about that, but," Norman laughed quietly, "she reminded me we're family, so. That's what made me change my mind. I wanna believe in you too. We're friends before enemies, right? After all, aren't you the one who hid Little Bunny? The night we went out to the gate, if you hadn't told us we could make it in time, we wouldn't have gone. You laid out the bread crumbs for us to find out the truth about this house for ourselves. As for Y/n, you knew we'd tell her so you kept her home so she didn't have to see, right? You set this up for the four of us to escape, didn't you? Why did you become Mom's sheepdog?"