𝟒𝟑| 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐚: 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨!

"It was by chance that we found that piano mechanism," Mister mentioned, "when we first tried to play it, the tuning was just a tiny bit off. No way I could notice that, but... anyway, the point is, if you suck, you'll never even realize this room exists."

   "What was Minerva's plan?" Emma asked.

   "Beats me. Pick whatever you like. I dont give a crap about Minerva's goals. These are weapons. This room was made for someone to use it, right? We'll be getting into enemy territory now. Well, we're already in enemy territory, but you get it... The wasteland is at a whole other level compared to what youve seen. The plantation forest doesnt come close. This is the land where they live. If they come for you, weapons won't really save your life, but... it's better than putting your ass out there bare-handed. I'm not helping ya with this. Choose something that you figure will help you survive." The man placed a gun in Y/n's hands. She held it and felt for its weight. Heavy.

   "What do you think?" Ray questioned.

   "Well.. For me, something lighter would probably be better. Sung-Joo and Musica taught us that, right? I want to avoid anything that could make it hard to run away. Even if that doesn't happen, I think it's better to travel light, at any rate."

   "Right."

   "And you, Mister, what are you taking?"

   "Don't wanna explain," he huffed, "watch and learn." Y/n and Emma sighed but paid attention to what he collected. One large weapon, two extra units of ammo, no handguns, but he's packing a knife. "Pick whatever you like and come up. Just play anything on the piano to return." He climbed up the ladder and shut the door behind him.

   The three looked at each other before Ray spoke up, "he's gone. He's seriously not helping, huh?"

   "Im taking a knife with me," Emma stated. She walked over to a huge weapon and held it, it looked like a mini nuke launcher, "actually I wanted to take this one, 'cause it looks strong, but... it's way too heavy, and I figure I probably couldn't hold it properly anyway..."

   Ray and Y/n stared at the girl, imagining what she'd look like with it, "yes. That is correct."

   Y/n looked at the weapons, "i think the bow U got from Sung-Joo is still the best as a basic weapon. It's very light, and I'm already getting the hang of it a little bit."

   "And we'll need it anyway to hunt for food on the wai, right?" Ray added.

   "I can reuse the arrows when we manage to recover them. And, with the knife, I could make new ones!"

   "Yeah, a knife is useful for a lot of things. So you're going with a knife and bow. However, those probably won't be enough to deal with a demon. On the off-chance that they find us, and drive us into a corner... I want to take a gun or something, just in case. Perhaps one of these... whichever seems to be the easiest to use."

   "One?" Emma asked.

   "No, Emma, you should probably take one as well. Two guns between the two of us and a ton of extra ammunition should already be quite bulky, right?"

   "I see."

   "Something like this, then."

   "A pistol?"

   "I found it in the way back of that shelf. I think we can use it depending on the conditions."

   "But, Ray, that man didn't pick up any small guns like this. Doesn't that mean that it must be too weak for our needs? Maybe it lacks power or range or accuracy or..."

   "Yeah, but just take a look at that," Ray pointed at the four barrels on the gun, "we will survive and come back to our family. We will!"

   "Right! Okay, now a knife..."

   The three continued to sort through weapons and ammo until they felt confident enough in their choices. Now, they were in the kitchen talking to Don and Gilda. Y/n held Gild's hands, "then, about the provisions, do like we just said. When you head out to gather food or hunt something, please be very, very careful! I've explained the techniques to Don."

   "Okay! We also have the indoor fields that Anna's group built so it should be fine!" Gilda added.

   Don flexed, "leave it to us!"

   "I believe in you two," Y/n smiled before heading off to the bathroom where Anna was, tending to Ray's ear.

   "The wound seems to have closed," Anna muttered, "I'm relieved. We were running out of gauze..."

   "Well in my case it was just an incision..." Ray replied. He got off the stool to let Y/n go next.

   "It's looking all good, Y/n yours healed up nicely as well."

   "Thank you, Anna," Y/n said, "for tending to our wounds and for helping with the preparations, too. Thanks, everyone!"

   "What are you saying? That's the least we can do. To be honest, we all wanted to go together. Especially Don and Gilda... They're beside themselves with worry and frustration. But... They said that you three are right. This is the best way to keep everyone alive. And that takes priority over anything else. You see? They really trust you."

   The day had come and the three teenagers were ready to leave with Mister. "Well then, we'll be back soon!" Emma said.

   The youngest children jumped onto them and hugged them, "if you get hurt, you can't hide it! Don't push yourself too hard again, right?"

   Emma nodded, "right!"

   "You too, Ray! If there's danger, be a good boy and get away!"

   "Roger," he replied, petting their heads.

   "And Y/n! Watch where you step, don't get your head hit again!"

   She smiled and hugged them tightly, "alright, alright I get it! I'll be super careful..."

   As they continued to say their goodbyes, Gilda walked up to Mister, "Mister, may I ask you something? Please bring them back to us safely. I know this is a dangerous outing. For you, too. Something bad may happen that you can't escape. But, precisely for this reason. Even if something happens and you need to run back here... You must bring back at least one of them alive."

   "That a request, now? Sorry, girl, but just because you say something it doesn't..."

   "No, it's not. It's an expectation of you. If you don't come with at least one of them alive, I will personally destroy this shelter."

   "Gilda..." Y/n muttered as she held the girl's hand.

   "You three come back safe and sound! If even one of you dies, I'll never forgive you!"

   "Yes... yes..!" They nodded, promising the girl they'd survive.

--------------------------------------------

𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫

--------------------------------------------