𝟏𝟕| 𝟎𝟑𝟏𝟏𝟒𝟓: 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧, 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬. 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭.

"𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠... 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭?" Ray stuttered.

     "Yes," Mom smiled, "it will be tomorrow."

     Ray watched Y/n hold her leg as she held her breath so as to not cry. Ray became furious, "so then, what happened to Y/n?"

     "It was a clean break, so don't worry. I guarantee it'll heal perfectly without a scar. But it'll take a few months to do so. I truly am sorry I hurt you right before your birthday, but I had no choice. I do hope it heals before your birthday, Ray. And Norman, give me that bag later. Now, let's go back to the house."

     Mama began to carry Y/n out, a bright smile on her face as if she didn't break the girl's leg. Ray's eyebrows furrowed, then softened seeing Y/n in her helpless state. I'm sorry, Y/n. I was supposed to keep you safe. I was supposed to protect all of you. Now, your leg's hurt and Norman is getting shipped out.

     "Mom!" a child shouted, then noticing the crying girl in Ray's arms.

     All of their siblings surrounded them, "oh no, what happened to Y/n?"

     "Did she get hurt?"

     "Look," Lannion said, getting the attention of Nat and Anna who were caring for Carol.

     Y/n mustered up a broken smile and quietly laughed, "I fell off a tree."

     The children gasped and looked sad, "oh no! Are you okay?"

     "It hurts a lot, so I can't play with you guys for a while. But you can visit me sometimes, maybe that'll make me feel better."

     "Yeah!" everyone cheered, but sighed again, "it happened the day before your birthday, will you still be able to celebrate?"

     "Yeah..." Y/n got quiet. Tomorrow wouldn't be a celebration. While Y/n would be growing older, Norman would be dying. She wasn't happy and wished tomorrow would never come.

     "Well then, I have to go take care of Y/n," Mom smiled, "run along." The woman carried the girl and took her to the infirmary. Y/n didn't speak and stayed quiet, the only noises were quiet sobs and sniffing which slowly subsided, she fell asleep. "I truly love you, and hope you can forgive me," with that, Mom left the room.

     Don, Gilda, and Ray were outside trying to wrap their heads around the idea of tomorrow while Emma and Norman went watch over Y/n. "What are we supposed to do?" Don asked, "Norman's getting shipped out. She took the rope. Not to mention, Y/n can't move-!"

     "Y/n's gonna heal up in no time!" Ray interrupted. Y/n isn't weak. She's the strongest person I know. Besides, even in this state, as helpless as she might be, she's never giving up. She won't. She's too stubborn anyway. So we can't either, for her sake. If she's the only one who doesn't give up, she's working alone. Y/n is leaving this place no matter what. "The rope can be replaced! The escape can happen, it has to! Right now, our focus is on Norman."

     "Out of all of us... why was he picked to be shipped," Gilda questioned.

     "When she said the situation changed, she meant the next shipment, it was about Norman."

     "She even... got rid of Sister Krone."

     Don sighed, "it seemed like everything was normal this morning, right? She was smiling and even doing chores like she usually does. Now she's gone and it's all because of Mom." Ray kicked over a bucket and grunted in frustration. Even he barely knew what to do.

     "Y/n," Emma whispered, waking up the girl. Norman smiled down at her and took one of Y/n's hands in his while Emma took the other.

     Y/n gasped, then began to cry, but Norman shushed her, "there's no need to worry! All she did was take the rope."