𝟏𝟐| 𝟑𝟏𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐢𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐩, 𝐲/𝐧. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡.

𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐨𝐧 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐧𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐫, barely peeking out from the opening to see if Mama had entered. They were about to flee when they heard footsteps coming towards the false bookshelf. Their breaths hitched as Mama was about to slide open the bookshelf, then, nothing.

     "Mom!" Eugene shouted, entering her office and giving the others a chance to escape.

     "Oh? What's wrong, Eugene?" Mama sighed, disappointed she couldn't check the room.

     "This was on the floor!" the boy held up the key from before. While looking for them, Y/n found a key on the floor and decided that having a younger one return it to Mama would be less conspicuous.

     She gasped, checked her pocket, and crouched down, "thank you." She smiled and patted the boy's head.

     Y/n was hurriedly making dinner for the hungry children while Ray helped out and Emma and Norman were waiting for them. "Don! Gilda!" Emma shouted, letting Y/n know they were there. She dusted off her hands and let the meal simmer, perfect timing. "Oh, good. I thought you were-"

     Ray stormed over to them while Y/n followed behind, but less angry looking, "where were you?" The taller boy asked.

     "We'll talk when everyone's asleep," Don huffed, purposely bumping into Y/n's shoulder on the way out.

     An irk mark appeared on Ray's forehead and he sighed, "what's his problem? Y/n didn't even say anything."

     "We can ask when we talk tonight," Y/n said as she walked back into the kitchen, taking the pot off the stove and began dishing it out.

     All the lights were off and a lap illuminated the area they were in. Ray was stationed against a wall, Emma and Norman were standing behind Y/n, while Y/n was sitting in front of Gilda and Don.

     "Well?" Ray said impatiently, his arms crossed.

     "We were just in Mom's secret room, okay?" Don hissed.

     "But how?" Emma exclaimed.

     "You see," Gilda said, "Don stole the key and..."

     "He what?"

     Norman's eyes widened, "wait... did she?"

     "I don't think she noticed and we already put it back. So..."

     Ray huffed, "put it back? If it weren't for Y/n then Mom would have been more suspicious. Besides, you going in there was a stupid move. Did you not even stop to think that the room could've had a camera or an alarm? What would you have done then? If Mom or Krone found out you two know we'd all be-"

     Don cut him off, "tell us what would happen, Ray. Would we all be killed? When we searched the secret room, we found Little Bunny. The one Y/n made. You kept us hopeful, you said we'd save them! But we can't have them can we? 'Cause they're all... Conny and the others are-!"

     "Look," Y/n bowed, "I'm so sorry."

     "The, they're really..." Gilda shuddered.

     "You see, Gilda? They were lying to us after all," Don stood up and hovered over Y/n, "What are you hiding? Just tell us the truth."

     Y/n looked at Norman and he nodded. He took in a deep breath, "Don. There's demons and a farm. We're the cattle. Mom raises us to be smart and live a good life before she takes us to the demons. We're food to them. And Ray, he's a spy."