𝟑𝟓| 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭: 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐠-𝐣𝐨𝐨, 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚... 𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝, "no enemies in sight, let's head out!"

   Eugene smiled as he admired their new location, "woah!"

   "So huge!" Don added.

   "Keep heading southwords to arrive at your destination," Sung-Jae instructed."

   The younger children cried into Musica's robe, "No! Musica! I don't wanna say goodbye! Can you stay with us a little longer?"

   "Stay strong," Ray said, petting their heads, "these two have places to be, too. We have to be strong enough to be able to survive on our own."

   "Don't worry. As long as you stay out here, you wont run into any 'demons'. If all goes well, you'll probably be able to eventually meet up with this 'Minerva' guy," Sung-joo assured. "No matter what you do, dont ever stray back into the forest or go near a body of water, understood?"

   "Y-yes!" Thoma and Lani saluted.

   "Stay safe."

   "Thank you, Sung-Joo."

   "Stay well please, all of you," Musica said.

   "You too, Musica!"

   The demon pulled Y/n aside as the rest of the children gave Sung-Jae their final hugs, "Y/n."

   "Musica?"

   "This will serve as a good luck charm. I'm confident that it will keep all of you safe," she pulled Y/n close, "look for 'The Seven Walls'. The future you all are heading towards lies beyond this point." She gave one last smile and a hug before she heard Ray call for the girl.

   "Ready, Y/n?"

   She nodded and waved, "bye, Sung-Joo, Musica! Thank you so much!"

   "Let us meet again," Musica called back.

   Sung-Joo smiled, "you've ended up growing quite attached. You were so indifferent at first!"

   "Humans, I think. They're probably the escapees that we've been told about. If we capture them and return them to the farm, we'd have an easy life for at least the next six months," Musica said, "Sung-Jae?"

   "I'm going to save them. I won't let the farm have them back."

   "You're one to speak, Sung-Joo. You definitely didn't help those kids out of pure curiosity. What's your motive, tell me honestly."

   "That 'promise'... can't be broken by anyone other than humans. Don't you hate it? That stupid 'promise'? It's screwed with relations, race, and society itself. But those kids might be the ones to destroy it. Then... there may be a day when we can hunt humans once more!"

   "Sung-Joo... so you do want to eat humans."

   "You just don't understand because you've never had a reason to eat them, Musica. According to our faith... if we hunt beings that are purely created by god himself, we won't be going against his will. If they are wild and natural, I'd definitely eat them."

   "What if they can't destroy the 'promise' though? We don't know if they'll ever make it to the other side."

   "Those kids said that they would add more people to their team. Even if they can't make it out of this world, as long as they multiply outside the farm... The new generations and beyond are all considered 'natural'. And if they keep multiplying, we'll eventually be able to start hunting them again. ..ahh... I can't wait to stuff myself with human meat again. Well then, I'll be off to take care of some business."

   "Business?"

   "I'll be back shortly. Wait for me here. By the way, what'd you tell Y/n before they left?"

   "What do you mean? I was just telling her goodbye."

   "I see. Well then, I'll be off to eliminate some pests."

   Sorry to say, Sung-Joo. But Y/n knows. Those kids are not heading towards a future that you're pinning for. You kids will definitely make it. Try your very best. That's right... there's more than one 'promise'.

   Y/n clutched the pendant in her hand, smiling hopefully. "We're heading towards the right direction?" Gilda asked.

   "Yep!" Nat confirmed.

   Don huffed, "there's seriously nothing here!"

   "There's rocks and stuff!" Eugine replied.

   The sun began to set and there was no sign of Minerva or anything different. "How much longer? Are we there yet?" Mark asked.

   "Y/n, where are we?" Ray questioned.

   Y/n pulled out their pen, "let me check." She uncapped the pen only to find 'B 06-32' projected from it, "huh..? We're here."

   "What?"

   "We're in area B 06-32."

   "What do you mean?"

   Ray nodded, "there's no mistake. We're in area B 06-32 all right."

   "Seriously?!" Don groaned.

   Nat sighed, "now what?

   Y/n frantically looked around for any sign of something, "there's... seriously nothing here..."

--------------------------------------------

𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫

--------------------------------------------

𝐢𝐝𝐲𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐜 | 𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐩𝐧On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara